Nokia 7 and Nokia 6 2018 Edition have already received the new Android Oreo update in China. The good news is that HMD announced that the Nokia 6 2017 official Android Oreo update is available in China now.
How to update your Nokia 6 2017 to the new Android Oreo
The Android Oreo update for Nokia 6 2017 is 1,5 GB in size and it can be easily installed via the smartphone’s System Update. You can download and install the new update by going to Settings → System → About Phone → System Update.
Once the update files have been downloaded, you can choose to install the new Android Oreo immediately or later. Anyways, after tapping on Install Update, the phone will restart and will install the update. Once the installation has finished, your device will reboot into the new Android Oreo
The first reboot after the update installation might take longer than usual, so don’t worry if your device is not starting normally for a few minutes.
To avoid bricking your phone be sure your battery is at least 50% charged or your device is connected to your charger.
Android 8.0 Nokia 6 2017 Official Update brings new features
Android 8.0 Oreo is the newest Android OS release and has new features and changes. The coolest features and changes Android Oreo bring include:
- Night Light – turns the display amber for proper use in low-light environment and at night;
- PiP (Picture in Picture) – Users can run 2 app at the same time. Apps can run in a smaller window, switch between apps easily, or put a running app window on home screen;
- New notification center and new quick-action buttons;
- Apps icons shape changer;
- Ambient Display feature – Wakes up your screen when a new notification arrives;
- Better System Optimization;
- New background limits;
The post Nokia 6 2017 Official Android Oreo Update appeared first on News4C.