Called AmirZ’s Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.0, the unofficial version of the Pixel 2 Launcher delivered by Google exclusively for Pixel 2 phones can also be applied to older generation devices running at least Android 5.0 Lollipop, unlocked by applying the ROOT procedure.
Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.0 is created using the Launcher3 source code for AOSP (Android Open Source Project), adding detail from the various versions of Pixel Launcher included by Google with official Android releases to the Oreo version:
- Transparent Quick Search button, Google Pill and watch/weather widget
- Notification points (works on devices running at least Android 6.0)
- Google Calendar, application icon and date
Google Now feeds into a dedicated screen with a left sliding
- Custom pull-down menu for notifications
- Android Oreo themes
- Support for hiding the Google Now Launcher icon from your apps list
- Pinch to home screen function
- Circular icons for applications
- As its name implies, Rootless Pixel Launcher does not require ROOT to install and use to full potential, but some features require a more recent Android version (eg Android 7.1).
Being an unofficial app, Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.0 cannot be found in the Google Play Store, so you need to download the APK separately.
The post Pixel Launcher 3.0 Comes for Older Phones appeared first on News4C.