All new Android smartphones supports WiFi Hotspot feature built-in. Although most Users in the United States because its disable or hidden by network carriers which stop them from sharing the data.
How to edit APN settings and enable Hotspot on Galaxy Note 8
To edit APN Setting on Samsung Galaxy Note 8, this can be done with an app named ‘Shortcut Master Lite’. Shortcut Master Lite helps view secret codes or shortcuts on your Android device and also help enable hotspot from the Settings app.
Edit APN Settings with Shortcut Master Lite
1. Download and Install Shortcut Master Lite Here.
2. Launch Shortcut Master Lite and tap on the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner.
3. Select App Explorer.
4. Navigate down and search com.test.LTEfunctionality then select it. Alternatively, you can tap on the menu button and select search, then type com.test.LTEfunctionality to search for it.
5. Tap on the first item labeled LTEFunctionalityTest then select Launch from the menu that appears.
6. Scroll down and Click LTE APN Setting and
7.Select the preferred APN settings based on the carrier or add your own by tapping on add option
8. After you’re done, tap on the menu button again, select Save and exit the app.
How to enable native hotspot
The steps below shows how to enable native hotspot using Shortcut Master Lite app:
- Make sure your carrier APN settings is selected as explained in Step 7
- Tap on APN type
- Add DUN
- Tap on save
This is the best method to edit APN settings and enable Hotspot on Galaxy Note 8. Ensure you reapply the settings everytime the app is updated or disable auto updates