Deactivate Instagram | delete instagram account
Instagram is a picture/video sharing social media where you share you latest cute photos, and videos to your followers. Followers on Instagram are more like your friends or users that love to view your trend on their timeline. You might have decided there is no need to be on instagram If you are the kind of people that don’t love taking photos or videos and wondered how you will delete your instagram account
What users are searching for
- delete Instagram account permanently.
- deactivate Instagram.
- How to delete Instagram account
- delete Instagram
- delete insta.
There are two ways to deactivate Instagram account:
- By temporarily disabling your Instagram account
- By permanently deleting your Instagram account
Temporarily disabling Instagram account | Deactivate Instagram
Temporarily disabling your Instagram account will trigger Instagram to hide your Instagram profile photos, comments, and likes, until you reactivate your account. And you can always reactivate your Instagram account by logging back in.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
Here are the steps to take in temporarily disabling or to deactivate Instagram account:
- Log into Instagram on android/iPhone or on a computer (you can’t deactivate your account from within the app itself)
- Click on the settings icon in the top right corner
- Next to your profile picture and user name, select “Edit Profile”
- From this list select ‘Temporarily disable my account’
- You’ll be asked to enter your password and to submit a reason for deactivating your account
- Hit ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ and you’re done.
This will temporarily hide all your photos, comments and likes, making you essentially vanish from the app.
Note: You cannot temporarily disable your Instagram account through the Instagram app. You can only do that through a mobile browser or computer.
Permanently deleting Instagram account | Deactivate Instagram
Deleting your Instagram account permanently is not something Instagram have made easy for users to do. But it is pretty possible. I would not blame Instagram for making it tough for users considering the fact that any action to delete your Instagram account will lead to the permanent delete of all your Instagram photos, videos, comments, likes, friendship and anything associated your account.
So, Instagram is pretty right not to put the “delete” button in any obvious place. Or what do you think?
How to permanently delete your Instagram account
Follow these steps to permanently delete your Instagram account:
- Using a browser, go to the Instagram website at www.instagram.com
- On the Instagram website, you have got the liberty to log in using your Facebook details or email/phone number/username.
- If you want to log using Facebook, click the “login with Facebook” button and it will take you to the Facebook login page. Fill in your Facebook details and then click Login. But if you want to login using your username, phone number or email, scroll down on the Instagram website and click the blue highlighted “login” link. Type in your Instagram logging details and click login. Either way, this action will take you to your Instagram account.
- Click the human-like icon at the upper right corner of your Instagram account to take you to your Instagram account profile page.
- On your profile page, click the “edit profile”, which is just next to your username. This will take to your edit profile page,
- Scroll down on the edit profile page to locate the link “temporarily disable my account” at bottom right.
- Click the link “temporarily disable my account” to open the account disabling page
- At this point, go to the URL on your browser and replace the “temporary” there with “permanent”.
- Click on Enter to be directed to the “delete your account” page.
- On the “delete your account”, you will be required to select a reason why you want to delete your Instagram account and also to confirm your decision to do so.
- Confirm your decision to delete your Instagram account and you are on Instagram forever
Note: You will not be allowed to use the username that is tied to your permanently deleted account, in signing for a new Instagram account. Then it is safe to say that permanent deleting your Instagram account will lead to the permanent delete of your username. Also, You cannot delete your Instagram account through your Instagram app. It is advisable you make use of the web browser.
How do I reactivate my Instagram account?
- To reactivate your account simply log back in to you instagram account using the web browser @www.instagram.com
- Enter your username and password, If unable to login, Click on Get help signing in below the password field
- Select a a method of obtaining your password reset. You can choose “Username”, which will send an email with your password reset link to your Instagram account
- Open the email sent to your mail and enter your new password twice and tap “Reset Password”
- Try logging into Instagram again. As long as your account hasn’t been purposefully banned by Instagram, you should now be logged in!
It is your choice to either delete your instagram account permanently or disable your instagram account. If I were to make a decision, I will disable my Instagram account, it would be temporarily, probably because I don’t feel like being on Instagram again. If you have got any question on how to delete your Instagram, feel free to notify us using the comment box below