One advantage of using an Android Smartphone is the ability to backup your contacts and documents easily to Google drive to prevent loss. Recently, several users have taken to the Google Product forums to talk about an issue they’re facing on their Pixel and Nexus devices on Android Oreo. Apparently, the contacts don’t sync properly and always show an error saying that the ‘Sync is experiencing issues.
There is no need to backup contacts manually can it can be backed up periodically from time to time. If your smartphone device is faced with the problem of syncing contacts after updating to Oreo, then this post will guide you how to easily fix the issue.
How do I Fix Contacts Sync Issue on Android Oreo
- Go to your Settings » Apps & Notifications
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Apps & notifications’.
- If you’re running Android Oreo 8.0, Click on ‘App info’: for Android Oreo 8.1, tap on ‘See all apps’.
- On the App info window, tap on the menu icon (3-dots) on the top-right.
- Click ‘Show system’ option.
- Scroll down through the apps and select ‘Contact Storage‘.
- In the app window, select ‘Storage’ and then press the ‘CLEAR DATA’ button to fix Contacts Sync issue.
- Click Ok to Confirm.
Now reboot you Smartphone and check if your contacts are syncing now. You have successfully fixed Data not syncing for your Google Contacts on your smartphone