It might be possible that you might have faced HP Error 651 on your computer.To Fix HP Error Code 651 you need to follow blog or connect with technicians as you are a windows user due to installation of the OS something might have not went smooth. One of the common problems faced by many windows users especially in case of Windows 7 users. So before you get into follow of the blog steps, first let’s see when this error occurs and what causes the error to occur in HP Laptop. The common error windows occur usually when we try to establish internet connection using PPPoE connections. The reasosn for the occurrence of the error code 651 is listed below:
- System file is not saved in wrong location
- Registry error
- IP address conflict
In case of the error 651 occurs that you might see is due to the modem or the other connecting device which is linked with the internet and has reported an error and usually the message will be titled as internet “Connection failed with error 651”.
So, how to solve this error? Well this an official solution to fix the error code 651, but there are some common troubleshooting methods as well which will work for you and many other users so you can some of the most working solutions that will help you to solve the error code 651.
Here are Steps to Troubleshoot HP Error Code 651:
Step 1: Reconnect Your Router or Other Connecting Device
One of the most straightforward troubleshooting steps that need to be performed one can simply solve the error by reconnecting the internet connecting device. So if you are using the router then simply turn off your router and turn on after 5 minutes or if you are using LAN connection then unplug the wire and plug it back.
Step 2: Reset TCP/IP on Your PC or laptop
For resetting the windows networking stack you can solve error 651 and luckily windows 8/7/Vista comes with a built-in tool you can use to do this just follow the below steps.
- Launch command prompt with administrative right.
- Copy the command given below and hit enter
- netsh int ip reset reset.log
- Restart your computer system and hopefully the problem will be solved.
Step 3: Recreating Dial Up Connection
In case of your internet connecting device might get hanged during the connection. So recreating your dial up connection which can actually fix the error 651and issue. So simply right click your Dial Up or Broad band connection and select create copy and then delete your existing connection. Are you getting confused? Follow the step by steps guide given below.
- Open the Network & Sharing Center on the system and click on Change Adapter Setting.
- Now right click your broadband or dial up connection and select Create Copy.
- Create a copy of your existing connection.
- Now simply delete your old connection and redial the new connection.
Related Blog: How To Fix HP Error oxc19a0020 ?
Step 4: Disable Auto Tuning Feature
In case of you are using a router then this method is the one of your to go with. Follow the below steps to disable auto tuning feature.
- Launch command prompt with administrative rights.
- Copy the below command and paste it in command prompt
Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
- Now just try to restart/reconnect your internet connection.
Step 5: In case of disable the IPv6 of your Internet Connection
The solution has worked for many users. You can simple disable IPv6 to fix this error. Follow the below guide to disable IPv6.
- Open Control Panel and select Network & Internet.
- Further choose Network & Sharing Center.
- Now you need to click on your active network connection.
- Next is to select Properties and switch to Networking tab.
- Uncheck Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click on Ok.
Step 6: Re-install the Network Adapter
This is the most working troubleshooting step when it comes to internet connection problem. Reinstall the network adapter smoothly and to fix Connection Failed with Error 651 problem. You need to follow the below guide to reinstall network adapter.
- Go to start and search for devmgmt.msc.
- Double click it to launch device manager, Now look for Network Adapters Category and click the “+” icon it’s left.
- Right click on the first network adapter and select uninstall.
- Restart your computer and your network adapter will get automatically reinstalled.
Step 7: Perform Clean Boot
In case of you facing a problem in windows services then performing a clean boot can fix your problem, to perform a clean boot we simply need to disable all other services. Follow the guideline mentioned below.
- Go to start and search for msconfig.exe
- Click it to launch windows configuration.
- Now under general tab click on Selective startup and select Load startup items
- Now switch to Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on disable all to disable all other services.
- Restart your pc to perform a clean boot.
Avail Support via calling on HP Customer Support Number to Fix
For immediate and instant solution to your any query that has occurred during executing of steps call HP Customer Support Phone Number. Avail the every possible solution for your any query and get their online remote assistance via call or online live chat. Have the support from our qualified, skilled and capable tech experts you can assistance at your doorstep.
The post How to Fix HP Laptop Error Code 651? appeared first on .
This post first appeared on Dial +1-800-620-8060 HP Technical Support Blog And News In USA, please read the originial post: here