Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Will the next iPhone have an in-display fingerprint sensor


In-display fingerprint sensor has become a fantasy, every smartphone user wants to get the feature. But sadly on two phone manufacturers, Vivo and Doogee have been able to release an in-display fingerprint sensor enabled phone. Doogee has the magical fingerprint sensor embedded in Doogee V's display while Vivo has the sensor in Vivo X20 Plus XD.

Normally, either Samsung or Apple will be the first to feature a new thing in smartphones, but I think they have lost their birth right. Well this can be understandable as Samsung has been quite busy with their Galaxy X which is rumored to have fold-able screen. Apple has been on it's toes after iPhone X launch, as user complain of Face ID issues. Also accusation against Apple for purposely slowing down the older versions of iPhone so user can get a newer one has been a pain in the ass for the "apple" moniker.

You may have to read my latest leak on the next iPhone before you continue.

The Big question is. Will Apple have in-display finger print sensor in the next iPhone ?.

Apple prefer Face-ID: 
Apple won't get rid of the notch on iPhone X even after much ridicule because it houses the sensor responsible for Face ID capturing. So basically, if the notch can't go, Face ID stays, then no need for finger print sensor embedded in the display.

Apple plans of making the next iPhone relatively cheap:
iPhone are expensive and digs deep into the pocket, Apple gets that. You may already know that Apple cut a deal with Samsung to manufacture OLED displays for iPhone 8 and X. This may have caused the exorbitant price of iPhone X.  Apple is also rumored to release the next iPhone in varying display sizes. Sequel to that, Korean paper disclosed that Apple has placed orders for 6.46 inches LCD display from Japan Display other than the regular 5.28 inches.
LCD displays need the backlight to work. This means you can't have anything embedded in it. If rumors that Apple will make the next iPhone come in varying display size made of LCD, then there is no chance of the magical in-display fingerprint sensor.
This counts to a 95% chance the next iPhone X will have in-display finger print. The other 5% lies on Apple wanting to flow with trend, but that is unusual for Apple. They have always followed a different path and records a high rate of success.

Do you want In-display fingerprint sensor on the next iPhone?.


This post first appeared on Techdei, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Will the next iPhone have an in-display fingerprint sensor

×

Subscribe to Techdei

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×