Magisk is an advanced type phone rooting package like SuperSu but it has an edge over SuperSu. It is combination of Xposed Framework and SuperSU. Magisk is preferred to SuperSU in some conditions when it comes to gaining root access of some difficult a devices. Magisk was developed in 2016 by topjohnwu.
Magisk having Xposed Framework inside, you can install lot’s of mods on your Android Phone. You should bear in mind that rooting your phone violates your warranty and also risk your phone.
credits to Topjohnwu
Requirements and dowloads
Well charged device
Download the latest Magisk manager apk
Download latest Magisk it has the following features:
- 100% fully open source and easy to build!
- Magic Mount:
- Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
- Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution
- Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh's Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk Manager:
- MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk in-app,
- Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
- Magisk Hide:
- Hide Magisk from detection, mainly targeting Google's SafetyNet
- Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
- It is also used along with magiskhide for tricking various device states
- Multiple Entry Points:
- Provide several entry points to developers, reliably pausing the boot process before everything is done.
- Include post-fs (cache) mode, which happens even earlier than data is mounted (used to replace Boot Animation etc.)
- Standard Stuffs:
- Remove dm-verity, forceencrypt, unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw
How to install Magisk and root any android phone
- Move the Magisk Zip and magisk manager apk to your device’s internal root Storage for easy access
- Boot your Android Phone into TWRP Recovery Mode. (Turn off your phone. Volume Up + Power Button together until your Smartphone boots in TWRP Recovery mode.)
- It is adviced to make a backup of your all data using TWRP, after that
- Tap on install, And choose the magisk Zip file.
- Swipe to Install Magisk Zip.
- Tap on Reboot.
- You are done with the rooting
How to access Root and mods with Magisk?
it is quite simple, just install Magisk Manager on Your Android Device.