British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application – This is to inform the general public especially graduates who are seeking employment in any of the parastatal or ministries. The British High Commission recruitment 2017 application form is out and procedure for BHC job application is explained here.
Details of British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application
Job Title: Head of Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF)
Grade: D6 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Read Also – Canadian Visa Lottery 2019 – Canada DV lottery Application
Main Purpose of Job
To continue to your British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application you must first note the purpose of this job.
- The job holder will oversee the delivery of a portfolio of Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) programmes contributing to the delivery of the UK’s National Security Council’s Strategy for Nigeria which seeks a more stable, secure, prosperous and resilient Nigeria. The CSSF in Nigeria is worth about £20mn in FY 17/18, covering a range of security and stabilisation programmes; this budget is likely to rise in subsequent years. It is a very exciting and fast-paced role in an ever-changing context, and the UK has high ambitions for what we want to achieve through our CSSF programming to support Nigeria. Abuja is a large UK mission, with representation from a range of UK Ministries, and also has one of the Department for International Development’s (DFID) largest offices and programmes worldwide.
- The jobholder will operate with a high degree of autonomy, setting out complex programme decisions for senior management, including the High Commissioner.
- They will work very closely with the Nigeria Security and Justice Adviser, as well as with the rest of the Nigeria CSSF team and wider West Africa CSSF team, and will report to the Head of CSSF West Africa (also based in Abuja).
- They are responsible for ensuring that programme delivery is of the highest quality and able to stand up to internal and external enquiry including UK parliamentary committees, the Independent Commission on Aid Impact and media scrutiny.
- They will lead on programme monitoring and evaluation and ensure that the results and impact of programmes are well-communicated to various audiences.
- They will need to actively manage significant networks of cross government stakeholders, both at post and in London, including at senior levels, to ensure the Nigeria CSSF is delivering some great results, and fulfilling its obligations such as high quality reporting, good financial management and wider compliance.
- The role will oversee a range of CSSF programmes, including those being implemented by Ministry of Defence (MoD) and National Crime Agency (NCA), in collaboration with the Security and Justice Adviser, strengthening the strategic links between CSSF and other programming in Nigeria (most notably DFID which has one of its largest programmes in the world in Nigeria). They will also need to build strong and trusted relationships with Nigerian stakeholders, and other multilateral and bilateral partners, to ensure maximum coordination and effect from our programmes.
- The jobholder will act as the official Secretariat of the Nigeria CSSF programme board, responsible for overseeing delivery of the CSSF in support of the Nigeria NSC Strategy. The Secretariat will set the agenda, develop briefing for members, work closely with the Chair of the board (the High Commissioner) and Programme Senior Responsible Officers (SROs) to advise and report on and, where appropriate, challenge programmes that may not be performing as intended.
Read Also – Miya khalifa WhatsApp Number And Khalifa Facebook Profile Account
Roles and Responsibilities of British High Commission Recruitment 2017
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that programmes designed fully reflect NSC strategy objectives and shifting context in Nigeria, including leading the development of our high quality, politically-astute and agile programming for the new financial year (starting 1 April 2018).
- Overseeing robust monitoring and evaluation and communicating widely and regularly the achievements of the Nigeria CSSF back to London, as well as to Nigerian interlocutors and the donor community; clear and strategic reporting and advice to senior management including the Head of CSSF West Africa, programme board and ultimately the Director-level Whitehall Africa Group (WAG) in London.
- Building relationships with implementing partners, in partnership with programme SROs, and also building a strong network with FCO, DFID, NCA and MoD at post and in London.
- Robust oversight of programme design, impact reporting and risk mitigation of the Nigeria CSSF, in a manner that is compliant with CSSF programme guidelines in terms of impact and Value for Money.
- Acting as the Secretariat to the programme board, working closely with the High Commissioner as Chair, developing regular briefing for members, and advising and reporting on programmes, in close collaboration with the Security and Justice Adviser. Also chairing the programme board working group to prepare for board meetings.
- Playing a representational role outside of the High Commission, building strong relationships (in coordination with the Security and Justice Adviser, DFID etc) with external partners to enable coherent programme delivery; including to unblock delivery issues, maintain a high level of buy-in for programmes and leveraging money from other donors into UK programmes.
- Working closely with the Security and Justice Adviser for Nigeria, ensure that analysis and policy advice on conflict, security and peace building issues in the region is fed into CSSF programme design/delivery, working with political and security teams at posts and other Ministries across the region and in London.
- Strengthening the strategic links between CSSF and other programming in Nigeria (most notably DFID which has one of its largest programmes in the world in Nigeria).
- Oversee programme compliance with best practice in programme, project, and financial management from within UK government and beyond, delivering through programme manager(s) and SROs.
- The job requires the post-holder to have substantial experience of programme management (preferably CSSF), monitoring and evaluation, and ideally experience of working on conflict and security issues.
- Given the content of the job and the fact that the post is only for 6 months, we would require the jobholder to have security clearance (at Official Sensitive level) from UK government already in order to take up the post. Knowledge of working with the MOD and NCA would be advantageous.
- They need to have a keen eye for impact and risk.
- They will need to develop and maintain a wide range of contacts, including Head of Mission, Defence Attachés, Policy leads in London and other senior officials across HMG, government interlocutors, key donors and implementers.
- They will need to be a confident and consultative manager, able to supervise and motivate focal points across several government departments.
Job Requirements for British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application
The following are the requirements before you can apply for British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application:
- Min Required Experience:
- Min Qualification:
- Desired Courses:
Read Also – X Factor UK Registration 2018 – X Factor Auditions 2018 Venue – http://application.xfactor.tv
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- UK official sensitive security clearance (given the content of the job and the fact that the post is only for 6 months, we would require the jobholder to have security clearance (at official sensitive level) from UK government already to be eligible to take up the post
- Programme management (preferably CSSF) experience
- Development experience.
- Programme and project management / delivery skills
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
Conflict and gender sensitivity for CSSF; working with UK government; SAFE training (can be obtained prior to taking up post)
- Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
- Other benefits and conditions of Employment
Learning and development opportunities:
Read Also – www.tvshows4mobile.com Free TV Series Download Sites Now www.o2TVseries.com
Starting Monthly Salary
1st February, 2018.
How To Apply for British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Use link to apply
To apply for British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application, follow the registration link here.
The post British High Commission Recruitment 2017 Application – BHC appeared first on Sammyupdate.