One of the main problems of all website owners is Traffic. Traffic is what affects sales and makes your business great, but it’s often so hard to drive.
Why does it happen? Why you read tenths of tips and use different methods only to find out that they don’t bring you the desired result? Well, probably because you’re doing something wrong.
There are so many things you can focus on to drive more high-quality traffic to your website. However, content is the most important of those things, so it’s better to start with it.
What’s a good content?
Despite all the marketers know that content indeed is the king, this still doesn’t help them to make mistakes in content creation and promotion. Some still prefer quantity over quality, some write Headlines that do catch attention but aren’t related to the text’s content at all.
So let’s first define what a good content able to drive a lot of free traffic is.
Of course, it has to be interesting and unique. The topic itself might not be original – the approach, however, must be. It’s good when your content is interesting not only to your target audience but to leaders of the niche too – this way it will get more shares and responses.
However, besides that here’s what you have to pay attention to:
1. The beginning. It has to grab the readers’ attention immediately and hold it too. These days people don’t actually read all content they stumble upon online – they read only texts that managed to catch their interest. So it’s your goal to ensure that your texts are one of those.
2. Formatting. The sentences should be shorter, as well as the paragraphs – this will make your texts easier and quicker to read. However, don’t overdo here: if the sentences are too short, they won’t look good.
3. Stories. Your primary goal is to deliver a certain information, yes. However, your texts will become more interesting to read and original if you add stories to them. They don’t have to be personal, though: you can tell stories about other people or simply make up some examples to illustrate your point.
4. Editing. Some writers settle with online proofreading tools. However, the best way to find out whether your content is good or not is to read it out loud and then edit. Sometimes chunky phrases and typos are much easier to spot during reading.
So now we know for sure what makes the content good. Knowing that already helps with driving some more traffic: the better the content is, the more it gets shared, after all. However, there are a couple more things you can do to boost your traffic.
Improve your headlines
Just like I’ve said above, people don’t read everything these days. If your content is good but it isn’t presented well, there’s a huge chance people might not even notice it, not saying about getting as far as starting reading it.
That’s why the headlines matter a lot: they can make your content stand out among other. Good headlines have to include keywords, be neither too long nor too short, and be compelling enough for people to click on them. You can practice headline writing using this tips and see what happens – or you can look for some more headline writing tips online.
Monitor the statistics
Writing good content and headlines can help you drive more traffic to your website. However, if you don’t monitor this traffic, you won’t know what exactly drives visitors to your site. It’s important to know your current traffic statistics before you start improving your content and check it out often when you start implementing any changes.
Doing so will allow you to understand which headlines are more effective than the others, which topics get more attention, and so on.
Work on your content strategy
It’s important to have a strong content Strategy to build up traffic. A content strategy allows you:
– to schedule your posts;
– to plan the content’s promotion;
– to offer more diverse content to your audience;
– to know exactly who’s your audience;
– to remember the primary goal of your content.
By keeping this strategy in mind you will be able to write more compelling content, scheduling and promoting it in the most efficient way. Of course, it might take the time to develop a proper strategy, and sometimes you still have to be ready to change and adjust it. However, it could help your website a lot.
Sure, working with your content is not all you can do to boost traffic. However, it’s the basic thing you have to focus on before moving to the others. So I wish you good luck and hope that you’ll be able to impress your audience and drive more traffic with the help of interesting content.