Getting conversions and improved sales volumes depend on the user experience offered by a website. Apart from visitors, search engines also prioritize websites on the basis of the user experience they have.
Make UX easy for the user
Every human being likes to select things that are easy to operate. Consider that you need to develop a software program and there are two programming languages which you can use. You would choose a programming language that you know and has an easy syntax. Same is the case with the user experience. People like to browse websites that have easy interfaces and offer the finest user experience. A website does not attain success if it offers commendable content but the user experience is not up to the mark.
There is a relationship between direct proportionality between user experience and SEO ranks. Websites that have better user experience are able to hold the top positions on search engines. Websites are not ranked anymore on the basis of keyword frequency. Quality presentation is very important for any website to hold a high SEO rank.
- Users prefer websites that are very easy to access and operate. On these websites, you can obviously move between pages easily without a lot of assistance. Websites with lack of user experience can hamper the traffic coming on your website. People would not visit a website because it offers quality information and has the most advanced interface. For them, the key is how beneficial the website would be for them. If a website is hard to use, a user would have to spend time on understanding how it works and locating the respective links. Websites that have a simple user interface are actually more valuable according to Google. Thus, if you go through the top websites listed on Google, you would see that they have a simple user interface. This actually helps them grow in terms of traffic and organic searches as more people visit them.
- People seek convenience and ease of use. A website that has quality user experience actually offers them. For instance, consider that a website has all the links displayed in a simple manner. Someone searching for the “FAQ” tab would obviously be able to locate it without much of s struggle. In other words, it can be said that the website has an impressive user experience. If you want your website to grow without any barriers, make sure that it offers an easy to adapt under experience.
Quality functionality is essential
The key impression of a website is created when the user browses it. For users, websites that load at a fast pace without any pauses are the best. Even before the quality of content, the loading speed is noticed. If you have quality content on your website but the loading speed is slow, most people would not wait. Customers do not have the patience to wait for a website to load. If you have implemented the best digital marketing strategies but the user experience is substandard, your effort would go in vain. Here are some key user experience factors which you should pay attention to.
- Once the user visits your website, he should be able to surf around without any struggle. The interface should be simple with all the links organized in a proper manner. If you are using a drawer for links, it should be smooth and not slow down the overall performance of the website. Traffic is automatically attracted to websites with the high standard user experience.
- When it comes to designing the user interface, try to test multiple technical options. Professional brands get multiple templates for user interface designed. This helps them in picking the best option out.
- It is good to test a tool that can test the interface of the website. One of the best options is the Google Optimize Tool. It basically distributes the interface of the website into different chunks. Each of these chunks represents a different form of the same website. In other words, you have multiple versions so that you can compare them and select the ideal interface option. For getting customers, it is mandatory to have a good technically sound user interface and the user should be able to maneuver between pages easily.
Using a user Flow Diagram
There is a key tip for all business owners to have the finest user interfaces. Make a Flow diagram that shows how users would enter your website and move from one page to the other. This is a simple process which would include the following steps.
- Use a professional tool to develop a detailed chart for user flow. It should show the landing page and how you expect the user to advance to other pages. You can also place yourself as an end user and see how you are browsing the website.
- When you are done with the flow diagram, go through the real-time analytics of your website. See the actual flow of the users. Some of the key areas would be pages where the users’ land, pages where they spend maximum time and pages where they exist without spending long time frames. After this information is collected, compare the actual flow of the users with the expected flow established in the diagram.
- When you compare these two flows, the present gaps and flaws would be identified. For instance, if you see that the traffic on a particular screen is zero or very low, check its user interface. Does the screen provide confusing information? Is there lack of mobility on the screen? Are there too many images? These are some questions which you should focus on. By following this comparison strategy, all the deficiencies in the user interface would be identified in due course of time. As a result, you would be able to stop the traffic count from falling.
- By viewing the analytics of your website, it would be easy for you to see the behavior of users. This also helps in identifying the changes that your website requires. For instance, if you have a very low user count on the “Home Page”, examine the components of this page and check the improvements that have to be made.
Clear defined hierarchy of pages through Sitemap
New users would want to know about the structure of your website and hierarchy of pages. This can be done by creating a sitemap. A sitemap helps the user in checking what the website offers. The sitemap of your website would be made after you are done with the flow diagram.
- Having an organized hierarchy is important as it prevents the user from getting confused. How can a sitemap prove to be helpful for the user? A better understanding of this can be attained through an example. Consider that you have a website which has the “Home Page” as the first page and the “About Us” page as the second page. As a website owner, you would want the user to land on the Home Page and then move to the About Us page. If you have a proper sitemap, it would be easy for the user to move according to the correct content flow. In a nutshell, a sitemap gives a systematic and organized look to the website. It is an essential component for quality user experience.
- A sitemap is made before you even start working on the main design. It actually highlights the correct layout of the website.
Summing It Up
Websites turn into a complete failure due to various factors. One of them is missing an important preference that users have. For instance, when you talk about user experience, it cannot be compromised at any level. A website would only be popular and attain success if people feel good about visiting it. Most website owners do not understand this point properly. To get traffic, it is important for your website to be liked by the targeted audience. For instance, if your website is related to a college education, students studying the respective courses should find your website informative and useful.
Brand owners expect that customers would be patient enough to handle basic website issues. This statement is not true in any manner. Most customers do not even wait for a minute to exit the website even if it has basic user experience issues.
The post Is user experience important for good Organic Search Count in 2019? appeared first on Tricksbite.