Yahoo messenger connection problem has increased considerably with the passing time. These troubles do not let a user sign-in to the Messenger, installed on PC or smart phone device due to one or the other reason.
There are certain reasons behind Yahoo messenger not connecting to the server as connection problems on iPhone, Mac, Blackberry device through internet or proxy; can probably be one of them. Compatibility issue with the latest version of Windows OS and Mac OS X is the other reason, why Yahoo messenger cannot connect to server.
Reason behind Connections Issues in Yahoo Messenger
There can be any of the reasons behind connection issues in messenger. Though users provide yahoo messenger new account details (which are same as webmail sign-in details) to open the chat dashboard, but, sometimes it also gives error as “wrong login details”. People sometimes forget account password after some days and are unable to access chat application successfully. The reason behind it is that they have the tendency to keep changing passwords on a frequent basis. There are certainly other reasons lying behind connection problems in messenger app, out of which some of them are as follows:
- Connectivity problems due to server downtime.
- Obsolete Yahoo chat messenger app installed on desktop or Android device.
- Device OS Compatibility issues with Yahoo server.
- Login credentials not entered correctly.
- Messenger app not responding properly on PC or smartphone device after double-clicking the same to enter sign-in details.
Upgraded Yahoo messenger App not working on Android /iPhone device creates several problems for the users; who, generally use smartphone device to interact with official clients and the known ones. As people generally look for the ways regarding how to fix Yahoo messenger sign-in problem, they are not able to find the same.
As Y! help-desk team only offers email support to help users to fix any kind of problems they face; people are not able to get immediate assistance whenever they want. The lack of instant communication makes the problems much complex. Had official Yahoo support phone number been available on the web, it could have been of great help for the needy users to get resolution for connection problems in chat messenger.
How to Modify Yahoo Messenger Connection Settings?
If connection problems in Y! Messenger is the main reason that can’t sign you in to Yahoo messenger; then there are certain connection settings in the desktop or smartphone device app that need to be implemented for fixing problems in a feasible manner.
- Open Yahoo messenger app by double-clicking or tapping on the icon seen on the home screen of desktop or smartphone device.
- Enter the login credentials and access the messenger dashboard.
- Now navigate towards menu option and click/tap on messenger to choose connection preferences.
- Once the option is clicked, a small window of Yahoo messenger preferences is displayed.
- Click on the check box to connect directly to the internet if a proxy server is not being used.
- Now click on the option “Connect via a proxy server” and then click “HTTP Proxy” or “Socks Proxy” to select the type of Proxy server.
- Enter the correct details such as server name, port number and login credentials such as user id and password in the relevant sections.
- You can make modifications in internet connection type from the drop down box by choosing the Broadband, Dial-up or Hi-speed (T1/LAN).
- Click OK and then sign-out from the application to login using the username and password combination.
How to Fix Yahoo Messenger Login Connectivity Issues in Web Browser
- Open an Internet explorer web browser on Windows OS device and navigate to Gear icon to find Internet options.
- Click the LAN settings button to launch local area network settings dialog box.
- Now check the option “Use Proxy server for your LAN”.
- Provide the address and port details in the required field.
- Click the advanced button seen at the bottom of the dialog box to configure advanced settings of the proxy.
- Now enter proxy settings in the appropriate field to ensure that secure and port settings are same.
- Now click on OK button thrice and keep closing the dialog boxes and lastly the internet explorer window need to be closed.
- Now open Yahoo messenger again without any login connectivity issues at ease to perform the functionality as per your desire.
Due to no upgrades available for Y! Messenger these days, people have started preferring to get connected with online Yahoo messenger. But on some occasions, the unresponsive server does not allow them to interact with known ones. The consequence come across to such an extent that people get logged out of the webmail account all of the sudden on an unexpected basis.
In case, the above-mentioned resolutions tips to fix Yahoo messenger app connectivity issues still persist, then it’s advised to contact Yahoo support team and get the troublesome problems resolved without making any hilarious attempts, which can make the problems more complex and its resolution out of scope.
The post Frustrated with Connection Issues in Yahoo Messenger!! Consider Solutions for Instant Resolution appeared first on Yahoo Support Number.
This post first appeared on What Should I Do If My Yahoo Accounts Stop Working Suddenly?, please read the originial post: here