Multimedia is any combination of text, graphic, art, sound, animation and video delivered to us by computer or by other electronic media.
Applications of multimedia are: -
1) Multimedia in business
2) Multimedia in Educational institutes
3) Multimedia in home
4) Multimedia in public places
5) Multimedia in film industry
6) Multimedia in hospital
7) Virtual reality: - Virtual reality is the creative invention in
Components of multimedia: -
A multimedia system contains various components: -
1) Document images: - Document Images are used for storing business
2) Photographic images: - Photographic images are used for a wide range of
applications such as employee records for instant
identification at a security desk.
3) Holographic images: - Holographic images extend the concept of virtual
reality by allowing the user to get “inside” a part,
such as an engine and view its operation from
4) Audio messages: - contain audio, voice recording or any file of mp3
5) Video messages: - contain video, animation or any file of mp4 format.
6) Full motion stored and live video: - These are used in on-line training or
7) Voice commands or voice synthesis: - These are used for hands free
operation a computer program.
8) Fractals: - This technology is based on synthesizing and storing
algorithms that describes the information.
9) Facsimile: - Facsimile transmissions were the first practical means for
transmitting document images over a telephone line.