Cloud computing referred to saving and accessing data and applications across the Internet. A word Cloud used for the internet. Simply the computing based on the internet is called Cloud Computing. Before the rise of Cloud Computing, we control programs stored on a physical computer. Cloud Computing allows a user to run software from anywhere, anytime through the internet. Chromebooks are the best example of Cloud Computing. Chromebooks uses cloud computing, it works on Chrome operating system and designed to perform most of the tasks through the internet. You must have an internet connection to access your apps or data to use Cloud Computing.
These are the main categories of Cloud Computing
SaaS, or Software as a Service is the most popular cloud computing technology where users are able to use software applications across the internet.
Examples of SaaS: Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, Amazon Web Services
In IaaS, users are able to access and manage essential hardware such as servers, software, data center space at rent rather than owning. The main benefit of IaaS is that a user can perform a big operation without purchasing the infrastructure during overload of traffic or work.
Platform as a Service or PaaS provides a platform and environment to allow developers to build applications and services over the internet. PaaS services are hosted in the cloud and accessed by users simply via their web browser. Platform as a Service allows developers to create software applications using software development environment and platform provided by the supplier.
In PaaS, you can get services such as
Server-side scripting environment
Database management system
design and development tools
Storage & Network access
Advantages of Cloud Computing
1. Cost-Efficient: Developing a software application with the Cloud Computing is very inexpensive. There is no need to pay too much for hardware to deploy applications in the cloud.
2. Easy Access: Cloud Computing allows a user to work and access the applications from anywhere via the internet.
3. Latest Versions of Softwares: With the Cloud Computing, A user always gets the latest version of the software for better productivity.
4. Better Collaboration: It is the best feature of cloud computing. It allows users to work & access shared data at the same time from multiple devices from anywhere through the internet.
5. Disaster Recovery: Cloud disaster recovery or cloud DR is an approach that helps organizations to backup and restore data in case of disaster. You don’t need to spend time and resources to backup and restore the data.