Over the years, Magento has acquired the reputation for being a robust and secure e-commerce development platform. However, it is not indomitable and Magento stores still do get hacked. The reasons could vary, from the lack of proper security measures to the insufficient security of the setup as a whole. Whatever may be the risks, you need to ensure that adequate security measures are taken to safeguard the store in the first place as well as recover it if it gets hacked despite these measures. There is a need to identify the challenge, understand it, and resolve it go get your e-commerce store back on track.
Step 1: Identify the hack
To begin with, you need to establish that the Magento store has actually been compromised. Here are some ways to identify the hacking issue:
- Search engines are giving blacklist warnings
- The checkout page is behaving abnormally
- Sales and orders are encountering disturbances
- Customers are reporting strange credit card activities
- The store has been suspended by the Magento Hosting partner on account of malicious activities
- There are blacklist warnings for your domain
- There are spam keywords and details in the product listings and other pages
- There are modifications in the core integrations
- There are changes in files and folders
- The Magento backend gets unknown sessions and admin users
- If any of these issues are faced, you can assume that the store has been hacked and steps need to be taken to resolve the issue.
Step 2: Analyze the cause
Once you know that the problem is there, the next step is to analyze the cause so that you can set things right. An old security flaw could be one reason while a weak user/password combination could be another one. A Magento security scan can help you to identify the way the hacker has accessed your website. In case you have all the latest security patches installed, he could have got in through an outdated third-party extension or an unknown flaw.
Step 3: Fix the issue
Once that you have established the root cause, it is time to fix the issue. Keeping that in mind, you have to proceed to make the requisite changes to drive the hacker out. Here are a few tips to help:
Remove the old and redundant admin accounts.
Replace all the admin account passwords with new, strong ones and also activate two-factor identification for stronger security.
- Magento upgrade to the latest version is also recommended.
- Install the latest security patches in the store.
- Configure brute force protection.
- Compare and clean the modifications in the files and folders.
- Clean the hacked databases to get rid of the malware therein.
Step 4: Prevent future hacks
While most of the above-mentioned measures will resolve the current challenge and prevent future hacks too, there are certain steps you still need to take as precautions. User secure connections to prevent any unauthorized intrusions and reduce security vulnerabilities. It is important that the entire components of the software installed are absolutely secure. Also, choose Magento extensions only from reliable providers.
Having a reliable technology partner to prevent security hacks in the first place and address them if they do occur, is extremely vital for e-commerce businesses. Magento US is a trusted Magento agency that extends the complete range of services needed to design and develop online stores and also to ensure that they run seamlessly all the time. Get in touch to hire expert Magento developers for all your requirements.
The post How To Address The Challenge Of Your Magento Store Being Hacked appeared first on .
This post first appeared on E-Commerce Trends That Are Going To Be In And Out In 2017, please read the originial post: here