How to Temporarily Lock Your PC if Someone Tries to Guess your Password
Steps to Temporarily Lock Your PC if Someone Tries to Guess Your Password:
1. Open the Command prompt window on your screen; this could be done through searching for the app in the start menu or just through the run window which could be accessed by pressing Win+R buttons of the keyboard and then typing in the CMD followed by entering.
2. Type in the command: “net accounts” in the CMD window. This would list you current password policy which is by default “Lockoutthreshold: Never” which means that your account would not be locked no matter how many times your windows password is filled incorrectly.
3. Follow through by putting in the another command: “net accounts /Lockoutthreshold:3” This command would set up the limit for the incorrect password filling on the Windows, and after the limit, you have set the Windows would be locked. Here in this command, we have set up the limit to 3, but you could also change it in the command.
4. To set up the lock duration for the Windows after filling of incorrect password for the set limit, just type in the another command in the CMD panel : net accounts /lockoutduration:30. The set time will be in the minutes and you could also set it to your needs in the command. This command would make up the duration of 30 minutes.
5. That’s all; your windows will now lock up every time the user entering it exceeds the limit of setting up password filling time and duration. This would be hence great step to make your PC more protected from the unknown users.
At Last! This was the method through which you could set your computer to temporarily lock your PC whenever someone tries to guess your password. As from the article, you have got up that the method isn’t too difficult or complex but any moderate user could apply it without any issues. It’s now your time to apply this method and hence make your PC much more secure and prevent up the unknown users let guess your password.