Hi folks! Are you a rider with Uber or want to register an account with the service but don’t know how to go about adding, updating your Payment method? Then you need to read this article on How To Add, Update or Delete an Uber Payment Method. You may ask, why add a payment method? Yes! Adding and selecting a preferred payment method will allow you request a ride.
As you already know can Uber is a convenient, inexpensive and safe location-based app that allows you hire an on-request private driver. Payments are made to Uber who pays her partners 75 percent of the money.
There are many Uber Payment methods you can choose from, these include credit cards, cash, or a PayPal account. This all depends on your country and city. When a ride ends, your selected payment method is charged. Our aim in this article is to show you how to add, update or remove a payment method on your Uber account. So, let’s get down to business.
How To Add an Uber Payment Method
Follow the steps below to add a payment method to your Uber account. Remember that at the end of each drive, your selected payment method will be debited.
- Launch Uber app from your device and sign into your account.
- Next, select ‘Payment’ options from the left navigation on your app menu.
- Then, tap on ‘Add Payment’ to continue.
When you have selected the Add Payment option, the next page will show you different payment methods you can add. The options there include, scanning a card, manually entering card info, or adding an alternative payment type.
See the details of the methods below:
How To Scan a Credit or Debit Card
Follow the steps below to scan a credit or debit card to your account;
- Once again, launch Uber app from your device and sign into your account.
- Tap the camera icon. Your phone may ask permission for the Uber app to use the camera.
- Place your card at center in your phone’s screen so that all 4 corners flash green. Cards with embossed letters and numbers are typically easiest to scan.
- Next, type in the card’s Expiration date, CVV number, and Billing ZIP or Postal code.
- Finally, tap on ‘Save’ to complete the process.
Alternatively, you can manually add a credit or debit card as your payment method. See how to do that below:
- Enter your card number.
- Enter the Expiration date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code.
- Then tap on ‘Save’ to complete the process. That’s all!
If your country or city supports PayPal payment method, you can click on PayPal. Then follow the instructions to add it as your preferred payment method.
How To Update your Card Information
You can edit a debit or credit card’s expiration date, CCV number, and billing zip or postal code. If you have an Uber for Business profile, you can also change the profile your card is associated with by selecting Settings from your menu. Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the profile section on the app and select ‘Payment’ from menu.
- Select the payment option you’d like to update.
- Tap the three dot icon, and then select ‘Edit’.
- Then update the information you want, then tap on ‘Save’ when you’re done.
Note: A debit or credit card number can’t be edited, but a card can be removed from your account and then added again as a new payment method. See how this works below.
How To Delete an Uber Payment Method
Your account must have at least one payment method at all times. If you wish to delete your only payment method, you’ll need to add a new one first. Follow the steps above to add a new method and follow the steps below to delete an already existing one.
- Once again select ‘Payment’ from your app’s left navigation menu.
- Then, select the card you’d like to delete.
- Next, tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Finally, hit on ‘Delete’ and confirm you actually want to delete the method. The payment method will be removed at once. That’s all!
Note that during a ride, use your app to check that your preferred payment method is selected. Swipe up from the bottom of the app and tap your desired payment method before the trip ends.
That I have for you on How To Add, Update or Delete an Uber Payment Method. Please feel free to comment and share this post with others using the box and social buttons below.
The post How To Add, Update or Delete an Uber Payment Method appeared first on VirginJist.