So today when I tell clients about transforming I&O from an under-appreciated cost center to a respected strategic advisor, I understand their skepticism. What does it take? For starters:
· You have to change the monitoring and analytics technology.
· You have to change the attitudes of the people within I&O.
· You have to change the perception of I&O across the organization.
Those are not small changes, and cultural changes move especially slowly. Or do they?
· Rather than using a lengthy RFP process, monitoring technology proven effective in one business unit was extended across the organization.
· Rather than focusing on technology health, the focus was shifted to customer experience.
· Rather than focusing solely on the needs of consumer customers, attention was also given to the needs of internal users, line-of-business managers, and executives.Read more