United Close In On Zlatan Deal
Manchester United have reportedly met with Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s representatives as they close in on a sensational Summer Move for the Swede.
According to the Daily Star, United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward hopes to tempt Ibrahimovic with a two-year deal worth a staggering £250,000-a-week – worth £24million to the player.
|Could Zlatan lead the lines for Manchester United next season?|
The 34-year-old will be a free agent in June after failing to agree a new deal with Paris Saint-Germain, where he has won four straight league titles. Ibrahimovic is also a target of Arsenal and Chelsea, but United are willing to blow them out of the water and flex their financial muscle.
The deal on offer would make Ibrahimovic one of the highest-paid stars in English football
City To Battle Juventus For Isco
Manchester City and Juventus are ready to battle it out for Real Madrid Midfielder Isco and James Rodriguez could also be heading for the exit at the Bernabeu.
Isco is set to be chased out of the club by a “furious” manager Zinedine Zidane in the summer, but he won’t be short of suitors .
|Manchester City and Juventus are ready to battle it out for Real Madrid Midfielder Isco|
He is already at the centre of a tug-of-war between the Blues and Italian champions Juve after the Premier League club made further contact with the player.
The Daily Mirror understands Zidane had planned to make Isco a key part of his team, having being impressed by him when working as part of Carlo Ancelotti’s staff.
Other Transfer Gists
- Liverpool may offer striker Christian Benteke, 25, as part of a deal to land Roma's Argentine midfielder Leandro Paredes, 21, who is currently on loan at Empoli. (Daily Mirror)
- Meanwhile, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is preparing a summer move for Stuttgart and Serbia left winger Filip Kostic, 23, although work permit issues could hamper the move. (Bild via Liverpool Echo)
- Liverpool and Arsenal are poised to move for Bayern Munich midfielder Mario Gotze, 23. (Daily Express)
- Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, 21, could be one of Pep Guardiola's first signings at Manchester City, after the Blues agreed to meet the Frenchman's £39.6m release clause. (Daily Telegraph)
- Mario Gotze has been linked to Liverpool and his team mate Thomas Muller admits the 2014 World Cup final goal scorer ‘might not be satisfied at Bayern Munich’ (Daily Mail)
- Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata has been linked with a shock move to Turkish side Fenerbahce (Daily Express)
- Leicester and Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez, 25, is good enough to play for Barcelona, according to former midfielder Xavi. (The New Arab)