A Manchester United midfield target is reportedly keen to leave Barcelona, while the Spanish giants are ready to snub Philippe Coutinho and turn their attentions to a Chelsea star, all in Thursday’s papers.
Barca close in on Di Maria
We know what you are thinking, but this is not a hoax. Barcelona's account wasn't hacked a second time.
Catalan newspaper Sport reports that Barcelona are close to agreeing on a €50 million deal to bring former Real Madrid star Angel Di Mariato the Camp Nou.
The Blaugrana have endured a dismal summer and have so far failed to respond to the embarrassing exit of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain.
Lionel Messi has just one year remaining on his contract, though signing friend and Argentina colleague Di Maria could help convince him to finally put pen to paper on an extension.
PSG are in need of funds from sales to balance the books for Financial Fair Play after parting with almost £200 million to bring Neymar to the French capital, and Di Maria appears set to be the biggest casualty.
The front page also reveals that Barca will make a final push for Philippe Coutinho and that Ousmane Dembele's signing is "almost impossible."
Mbappe faces Real dilemma
Monaco wonder kid Kylian Mbappe faces the tough decision of joining his dream club Real Madrid or making twice as much to move to PSG.
Currently earning just £16,000-per-week with Les Rouges et Blancs, Sky Sports' Kaveh Solhekol reports that Real will Offer him £120,000-per-week to join his idol, Cristiano Ronaldo, at the Bernabeu.
But Monaco's Ligue 1 rivals are offering a staggering £320,000-per-week for the 18-year-old to move back to his home town in the French capital.
Any eventual move before the deadline would likely make Mbappe the second-most expensive player in the world after Neymar and place huge pressure on the forward to maintain his incredible rise ahead of next summer's World Cup.
Chelsea up offer for Drinkwater
Chelsea are ready to raise their offer to £32 million for Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater, according to the Sun.
In a shock move, the Blues could occasionally pair the England international with N'Golo Kante after their Premier League-winning partnership.
The champions are continuing to pursue Drinkwater, despite Antonio Conte's successful experiment with David Luiz in midfield against Tottenham at Wembley last weekend.
The Foxes are determined to negotiate hard, though, as they appear to have done so successfully with Roma over Riyad Mahrez, with the asking price set at £40 million for Drinkwater.
Gomes Keen On Exit
Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes has reportedly told the club he wants to leave amid interest from Manchester United.
Corriere dello Sport claims that Gomes is unhappy at Barca after the club brought in former Tottenham star Paulinho, while they have also been tipped to sign Nice midfielder Jean-Michel Seri.
The 24-year-old, who joined Barca from Valencia for €35million last summer, has made 30 La Liga appearances for the club and his versatility has also seen him fill in at right-back at times.
United had been strongly linked with a move for Gomes’ team-mate Sergi Roberto but that deal fell through after the Roberto claimed he was happy at the Nou Camp and would be going nowhere.
As for Gomes, the Portugal international was voted the worst signing of last season by readers of Marca, not exactly a glowing endorsement for a potential United signing!
Barcelona Turn To Willian
Barcelona have been linked with Chelsea’s Willian after reportedly “giving up” on Philippe Coutinho.
The Catalan giants are said to have ran out of patience in their efforts to land their top target this summer and will instead turn to the Blues star, according to a report in the Daily Star.
Barca have failed with three bids for the Reds playmaker and although there are reports that a fourth, and final, bid is on the way it is expected that a £138million offer will also be rebuffed by the Anfield outfit.
Willian, who was a target for Manchester United earlier this summer, is said to be one of several alternative options for the La Liga side but Antonio Conte wants to strengthen his squad not weaken it further so any potential offer looks certain to be knocked back.
Conte is keen on bringing in three more players before the transfer window shuts on August 31, with Inter Milan wing-back Antonio Candreva, Everton playmaker Ross Barkley, Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Southampton star Virgil Van Dijk all said to be on the Italian’s radar.
First up we start with a certain Philippe Coutinho, who, according to Yahoo Sport, is considering making a public statement about his frustration at being at Liverpool in order to force through a move to Barcelona. This saga looks like carrying on right up until the end of the transfer window...
Chelsea are closing in on a £35 million deal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain... Arsene Wenger has said at a news conference this morning that the Arsenal side needs to be built around him going forward.
Could Cristiano Ronaldo make a shock exit from Real Madrid before the transfer window closes? That's what reports in Spain are suggesting by claiming he is unhappy in the country given his tax evasion case and now his five-match ban for pushing a referee. Manchester United may want to be on alert...
And while we're still on the subject of Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo is claiming that the La Liga side have been offered Leon Goretzkaby Schalke. The Bundesliga club would rather sell Goretzka to a non-rival this summer than risk losing him for free when his contract expires next year.
But if Barcelona don't succeed in signing Philippe Coutinho, they could turn their attention to Willian, The Times reports, with Chelsea bracing themselves for an offer from the Catalan club for the Brazilian.
Chelsea have launched a new £35million bid to sign Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool are ready for Barcelona’s fourth offer for Philippe Coutinho – and will reject the bid out of hand as soon as it reaches Merseyside (Daily Mirror)
West Brom star Jonny Evans expects to complete a £30m switch to Manchester City next week (Daily Mirror)
Inter Milan have made a dramatic bid for Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi (Daily Mirror)
Nacer Chadli could go before the deadline next Thursday if West Brom’s £25m valuation is met, with Swansea leading the chase for the winger (Daily Mirror)
Real Madrid are reportedly set to announce contract extensions for five first-team stars. Spanish media claim Isco, Marco Asensio, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal and Raphael Varane will pen fresh terms (Daily Mirror)
Lazio are poised to make a move for West Ham striker Diafra Sakho, according to Italian media (Daily Mirror)
Burnley are ready to make a £5.5m move for Inter Milan’s Italy international defender Andrea Ranocchia (Daily Mirror)
Championship Birmingham have entered the running to sign West Ham winger Robert Snodgrass (Daily Mirror)
Burnley are offering Premier League rivals Leicester a hefty loan fee to take striker Ahmed Musa on a season-long temporary switch (Daily Mirror)
Reports in both France and Italy say Napoli’s former Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina has received an offer from Paris Saint-Germain to join them (Daily Mirror)
Burnley are willing to listen to offers for striker Ashley Barnes following Chris Wood’s record-breaking signing (Daily Mirror)
Paris Saint-Germain could make Kylian Mbappe the second most expensive player of all time (Daily Mirror)
Manchester City are back in for West Brom defender Jonny Evans with a £22m bid (Daily Star)
Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk has met Chelsea without permission (Daily Star)
Rafa Benitez is expecting players in and out of Newcastle in the days leading up to the transfer window slamming shut (Daily Star)
Arsenal are only expected to pursue a deal for Julian Draxler if they let Alexis Sanchez leave (Daily Star)
Manchester City and Lionel Messi’s dad are plotting a Premier League move for the Barcelona forward for next summer (The Sun)
Chelsea are back in for Danny Drinkwater with a £32m bid (The Sun)
Stoke have been linked with Brugge centre-back Bjorn Engels (The Sun)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is targeting Manchester United’s clash against Tottenham in October to make his comeback (The Sun)
Leicester will hold off any attempts to sign their star players as transfer deadline day approaches (Daily Express)
Ashley Young has promised to prove that he still has a major role to play at Manchester United (Daily Express)
Hull City will allow Ryan Mason to make the decision on whether he plays again when he sees a third specialist on Monday (Daily Mail)
Chelsea are chasing three English signings including Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Danny Drinkwater and Ross Barkley (Daily Telegraph)
Manchester City have not given up hope of signing Alexis Sanchez and are considering launching a bid to capture the £50m-rated forward before the transfer window closes a week today (The Times)
Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG over a £24m deal for Serge Aurier (Daily Telegraph)
Everton are ready to rival Newcastle United in their bid to sign Dennis Praet from Sampdoria (The Times)
Chelsea are braced for another approach for Willian after Barcelona showed interest in the attacking midfielder (The Times)
Joel Campbell, Arsenal’s forgotten man, is back at the club and he has made it clear that he is reluctant to go out on another loan (The Guardian)