Arsenal are targeting three new players including a shock swoop on Everton, while one of the Gunners’ forwards is being eyed by West Ham, according to Tuesday’s newspapers.
West Ham Make Enquiries For Arsenal’s Lucas Perez
West Ham have spoken to Arsenal about the possibility of signing striker Lucas Perez this Summer.
The Times claim Perez is ready to quit Arsenal in search of regular first-team football after being largely limited during his maiden season in the Premier League. The 28-year-old has only made two Premier League starts since signing from Deportivo La Coruna.
And the broadsheet claims the prospect of moving across London could interest the player, with Slaven Bilic a known admirer of the Spaniard.
West Ham have struggled for goals this season and have made the signing of a new frontman one of their top priorities this summer. They’ve been linked with Mario Mandzukic, but their interest in Daniel Sturridge looks to be cooling after PSG were linked with a move for the England striker.
However, The Times says Perez will not come cheap with the Gunners reportedly rejecting a £28million offer for the striker from a Chinese Super League club last month.United 'Consider Move For Arsenal's Ozil'
Arsenal fans are already anxious about the future of Alexis Sanchez -- and now they can start worrying about Mesut Ozil as well, the Manchester Evening News reports.
It says United "are ready to make a shock move" for Germany international Ozil, who worked with manager Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Ozil, like Sanchez, is out of contract next year and has yet to commit to another despite having been offered fresh terms.
And the paper suggests Mourinho could even "be interested in bringing Sanchez to Old Trafford."
The possibility that United could move for one -- or even both -- has been given added weight because it appears increasingly unlikely that Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann will arrive in the summer.
Earlier this month, reports said a Griezmann deal had been "lessened in priority" by United, and the France international has stressed that he is happy where he is.
Bournemouth Back In For Ake
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. That's what Bournemouth will do when they attempt to bring back Nathan Ake, says the Mail.
Ake played for the Cherries on loan in the first half of the season, but they failed with an £18 million January bid to sign him on a permanent basis.
But the Mail says they will have another go at re-signing the 22-year-old defender, either on loan or on a full-time deal, and may be encouraged by the fact that he has not played in the Premier League since returning to Stamford Bridge.
The Mail says Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe "was hugely impressed with Ake's spell at the club and wants him back if they stay in the Premier League."
Gunners Go For Gueye
Arsenal could make a raid on Everton as they look to strengthen their midfield and Idrissa Gueye is the man they are after, according to the Sun.
It reports that "scouts have been impressed by his form since arriving from Aston Villa" and believe he boasts similar qualities to Chelsea's N'Golo Kante.
Everton want Senegal international Gueye, 27, to sign an improved contract in the summer -- but the Sun says "that has not stopped Arsenal identifying him as a player to add power to their midfield."
Lukaku's £90m Stalemate
Everton and Romelu Lukaku are at odds over a £90m buyout clause in the striker's new contract, according to the Telegraph.
Lukaku's agent Mino Raiola has said the Toffees star is "99.9999 percent" certain to sign a new five-year deal, but the stumbling block appears to be the eye-watering amount at which Everton would agree to sell their prized asset.
The Goodison Park club reportedly feel £90m is a fair price, while Lukaku is angling for something in the region of £70m in order to encourage bids from clubs such as his former side Chelsea or Manchester United.
Manchester United and Barcelona target Marco Verratti has told his agent to listen to offers to leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer (The Sun)
Arsenal have begun exploring candidates for a potential sporting director role as part of a shake-up of the club’s off-field structure (Daily Telegraph)
Bournemouth’s interest in signing Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere is cooling (The Sun)
Rising Tottenham star Harry Winks is being eyed up by the Spanish national side because of his Spanish grandparents (The Sun)
Arsenal are scouting one of their former youth players Oguzhan Ozyakup as they continue to plan for next season despite their uncertain future (The Sun)
Arsenal could yet hold on to Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez but they are demanding wages of nearly £300,000-a-week in order to rival Paul Pogba as the Premier League’s highest-paid player (The Independent)
Juventus starlet Moise Kean is set to snub Premier League interest in favour of a new deal at the club (The Sun)
Everton are stalling on a new deal for striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, as they refuse to include a buyout clause worth under £90m (Daily Telegraph)
Kean’s new contract will end Arsenal and Manchester City’s interest in the youngster (Daily Express)
Stewart Downing is fighting for his Middlesbrough future after a training ground bust-up with manager Aitor Karanka (Daily Star)
Burton are keen to break their transfer record and sign on-loan Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow for £750,000 this summer (Daily Star)
Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is plotting a summer reunion with out of contract Rotherham keeper Lee Camp (Daily Star)
Celtic are eyeing a summer swoop for Arsenal youngster Chris Willock, as a replacement for on-loan Manchester City forward Patrick Roberts (Daily Mirror)
Arsenal have looked at Valencia’s left back Jose Gaya as they look to sign new defenders this summer (Daily Mirror)
Roy Hodgson is considering dropping into the Championship with Norwich to revive his managerial career after his England position (Daily Mirror)
Evangelos Marinakis, the owner of Olympiakos, is holding secret talks with Nottingham Forest to join forces with Fawaz al-Hasawi and bring his own kind of leadership to a club flirting with relegation to English football’s third tier (The Guardian)
Gareth Southgate is facing a major injury crisis, which could see him announce a large England squad on Thursday for this month’s matches against Germany and Lithuania (Daily Mirror)
Spurs are clinging to the hope that Harry Kane will play again before the end of the season. He is set to undergo a scan on his injured ankle on Wednesday (Daily Mirror)
Wilfried Bony has revealed he now wishes he had not joined Stoke City last summer from Manchester City, after seeing his season-long loan turn sour (Daily Mirror)
Bournemouth are plotting a new swoop for Nathan Ake this summer after Chelsea rebuffed their advances for the former loanee in January (Daily Mail)
James McCarthy has been included in the Republic of Ireland squad for the World Cup qualifier against Wales, despite once again facing a battle to prove his fitness (Daily Mail)
Manchester City will secure highly-rated Ed Francis to a three-year contract this summer amid interest from Arsenal and Manchester United (Daily Mail)
Marcos Rojo could face disciplinary action after appearing to stamp on Chelsea’s Eden Hazard (Daily Express)