West Ham United have been linked with a big money move for striker Maxi Gomez since January.
West Ham fans have been desperately hoping the club makes headway with a move for the big Uruguayan.
The Celta Vigo striker is said to be West Ham’s prime target this summer (Evening Standard).
But Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini has thus far failed to make any notable progress in his striker search.
In fact most recent reports suggest a move to West Ham for Gomez is now highly unlikely.
Another day another Gomez link
Every few days it seems the 22-year-old is linked with a new club.
Barcelona, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal were all cited as more likely destinations over the last month.
Then Marca reported Gomez could be on his way to Valencia instead.
And true to form going into another weekend fresh rumours have emerged suggesting another club has entered the race.
This time it is Italian giants Inter Milan.
Inter plotting to hijack Gomez move
Diario AS claims Inter want to hijack Valencia's move for Gomez.
The report says new Inter boss Antonio Conte sees Gomez as a potential budget replacement for Mauro Icardi, who looks set to leave the Milanese giants this summer.
Diario AS also makes mention of West Ham's interest and suggests they - along with the Hammers' Premier League rivals such as Liverpool are not out of the race just yet.
Hammers need firepower
West Ham desperately need more firepower next season.
Pellegrini plans to sign two new strikers after Andy Carroll and Lucas Perez departed the club.
West Ham fans can follow Gomez's performances for Uruguay in the forthcoming Copa America.
They take on Ecuador, Japan and Chile on June 16, 21 and 25 respectively.
The post Another new link for West Ham striker target Maxi Gomez appeared first on Hammers News.