Round 1 of the 2016 NFL draft is done and there is still plenty of talent left on the board for the Detroit Lions. After selecting offensive tackle Taylor Decker in the first, the Lions could look to address other positions of need such as strong safety, defensive end, center or linebacker. Here a few players that could very well end up in Detroit.
Round 2: Most of these players have all been linked as a first round pick at some point in the draft process. It is obvious that some of the analysts in the media thought more highly of certain players than the NFL scouts.
- Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State: Ogbah had private workout with Lions
- Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson: Had a Private official 30 visit
- Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor: Meeting/workout at his Pro Day
- Su'a Cravens, OLB/SS, USC: Had an official 30 visit
- Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama: Met at Combine
- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson: Had a private official 30 visit
- Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: Had an official 30 visit
- Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor: Had official visit scheduled with Lions
- T.J. Green, S, Clemson: Had a private official 30 visit
Round 3: With Detroit picking close to the end of the third round, there are a ton of variables when trying to determine who their pick will be. A lot of the prospects listed below are a 2nd-3rd round grade. Anything could happen.
- Deion Jones, OLB, LSU: Had an individual Workout
- Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State: Met at Combine and had a local visit
- Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas: Lions had a noticeable presence at his Pro Day
- Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia: Had a Private official 30 visit
- KeiVarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame: Had a private official top 30 visit
- Sean Davis, S/CB, Maryland: Had meeting with Lions
- Kevin Byard, SS, Middle Tennessee State: Private workout
- Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke: Met at Combine and the Senior Bowl
- Justin Simmons, FS, Boston College: Met at Combine, Pro Day and East/West Shrine