Sandy is lounging on the grass at Wrigley Field!
Above is a fantastic pic of Sandy Koufax from an original 1960's color transparency/slide from the Metropolis Collection that was being auctioned by Hyee_Auctions on eBay. It recent sold for $113.50. The photo was taken by Chicago based photographer Lee Balterman. He had started out as a photographer for the Army during WWII then did freelance work for magazines such as Life, Fortune, and Sports Illustrated.
Below are more links to check out:
- Here's some good news on the Time Warner front -- however slight it might be. The California PUC is speeding up their review of the proposal merger between the company and Charter. Via Robert W. Welkos at CFTN, "California ALJ Advances Time Warner Cable-Charter Decision Date."
Administrative Law Judge Karl J. Bemesderfer issued a scheduling order pushing up a final decision to May 12 from the previously announced June 10 date, and said that a proposed decision in the case would be issued April 12.
So, it's conceivable that SportsNet LA can be in everybody's homes before the All-Star break. Assuming, of course, they can hammer out agreements with the other cable companies right away.
- I'm not one for reporting trade rumors, but this is one I can get behind. Via Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors, "Dodgers Shopping Alex Guerrero."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Double-A Tulsa releases 2016 spring training schedule."
- Via Baseball America, the Dodgers have the #1 ranked minor league system in the game this year.
- Old friend Hideo Nomo just became a Padres. Via a San Diego press release, "Padres name Hideo Nomo Advisor, Baseball Operations."
"I am very happy to join the San Diego Padres and return to Major League Baseball," said Nomo. "My hope is that my advice will be handed down to the young players of Padres. It is also an opportunity for me to learn, and I hope to help bring a World Championship to the Padres. I look forward to working with A.J Preller and all of the Padres baseball operations staff."
- MLB Network ranks Yasiel Puig as the eighth best right fielder in the game. Watch the video here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *