When students need homework help, they usually look for someone approachable – with whom they can discuss their areas of concern without hesitation. Even though teachers and parents are a major part of such kind of coaching, sometimes, it gets difficult to concentrate on individual queries. Students are then simply stuck and cannot complete their assignments as per the expectations of their teachers.
Not anymore! Students seeking help for either school work or homework, today, have a number of avenues to explore. Peer to peer help is becoming more popular. The main reason for this is the comfort level that students experience in solving problems together with their fellow students. It establishes a kind of bond between students and creates an environment of trust and friendship within the class. The key driver for this is the internet.
Student portals that are especially created for schoolwork and homework help are becoming popular by the day. These portals are created by students to help their fellow students.
How do these student portals work?
- Any student in need of schoolwork help logs in to this portal and uploads an assignment. This assignment contains all the details about what needs to be done and where help is needed.
- The student uploading the assignment also enters an end date for the assignment.
- Lastly, the student will need to enter a price or a particular amount the he is willing to pay for help with the assignment.
- Students who are good at that particular subject or who know how to complete that assignment register themselves as tutors.
- Once an assignment is uploaded by a student, all the tutors with matching skills are notified of the assignment.
- Any student who is willing to help out will need to bid on the assignment.
- Once a tutor is select, the bidding is closed.
- Students can then communicate with the tutor via an in built messaging app and explain the details of the assignment and receive feedback about how to go about it.
- Once the tutor completes the assignment and it passes the plagiarism checker, the payment is released to the tutor.
It’s a very simple concept of help – earn – and learn! Students can review the assignments and quickly get a grasp on how it was solved. Next time around, they will know exactly how to complete the given task without help! Tutors benefit from the extra cash they make – which could be a great addition to their tuition fees in some cases. Overall, it brings the students across the world together and builds a culture where students help fellow students!
Image Credit: goo.gl/qZ2av4