Current Affairs September 2018: Read Important monthly current affairs and major events of September 2018 related to India (National) and World (International) for SSC, Banking PO, IBPS, Indian Railways, UPSC, RPSC, State PSC and other upcoming competitive Examinations. It covered all latest current affairs topics like Politics, Appointments, Sports and Players, Awards and Honours, Important Days, Obituaries, Reports, Business, Government Schemes, Education, Books and Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Geography, Agreements, Conference and Entertainment.
- Colombia's Juan Carlos Osorio has been selected as the new coach of Paraguay's national football team. Osorio is the former coach of the national team of Mexico. The 57-year-old Osorio has tied up with Paraguay for the 2022 World Cup.
- After voting on 04 September in the Parliament and State Legislatures of Pakistan, Dr. Arif ur Rehman Alvi has been elected as Pakistan's 13th President. he was the founder member of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, party. he will take charge as President of Pakistan on 9 September 2018.
- Government Telecom Company, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has chosen MC Mary Kom as brand ambassador of BSNL.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has nominated the educationist Dr. Ron Malka as the next ambassador to Israel in India. Malka is the Dean of Senior Lecturer and Graduate Program in Financial Markets and Banking in the College of Law and Business.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has appointed famous sand artist Sudarshan Patnaik as the President of Odisha Lalit Kala Akademi on 19 September 2018. Sudarshan Patnaik has participated more than 60 times in international competition, in which he has become world champion 5 times and won 30 awards.
- Anil Kumar Chaudhary has been elected as the new President of Steel Authority of India (SAIL). the Steel Authority of India is the largest steelmaking company in India and one of the seven Chief Secretaries of Central Public Sector Enterprises in the country.
- Famous Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has been conferred with the first Meryl Streep Award for her outstanding work at the 'Women in Film and Television International (WIFT) India Award'.
- Mumbai's director Vasan Bala has won the 'Grolls Viewers Choice Award' at the 43rd Toronto International Film Festival, for film "Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota".
- India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been honored with the United Nations highest honor "Champions of the Earth Award 2018" for the leadership of the International Solar Coalition and the resolution to free India from a single-use plastic by 2022. This honor also has been given to five other persons and organizations.
- Indian hockey player Lilima Minz has been selected for the prestigious Ekalabya Puraskar 2018. Lilima Minz is from Odisha. With a quote, she will get cash prize of worth of 5 lakhs in annual Eklavya Awards ceremony. Lilima Minz represented the Indian senior team during the four-nation tournament in Argentina for the first time in 2011.
- Mauritius has been at the top of the list of most foreign direct investment (FDI) in the country. According to the data of the Reserve Bank of India, Singapore is second in terms of foreign direct investment. In the year 2017-18, Mauritius got foreign investment worth Rs 952 billion and Singapore 658 billion rupees.
- The first meeting of the International Solar Coalition General Assembly will be held in Delhi on October 2, 2018. The International Solar Coalition (ISA) General Assembly is an ambitious initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. ISA's establishment conference was organized jointly on 11 March 2018 by Prime Minister Modi and President of France Emmanuel Macron in New Delhi.
Top Education Current Affairs
- In the Union Minority Affairs, the Minister, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has launched the country's first National Scholarships Portal Mobile App (NSP Mobile App) on September 13, 2018. According to the Union Minister, the National Scholarship Portal Mobile App will prove beneficial for the students and will help in strengthening a transparent mechanism for scholarships.
- The Central Government has launched its India Post Payments Bank (IPPB). Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated this scheme from Tolkto Stadium in Delhi on 01 September 2018. This will facilitate depositing and removing money only at home. Only the Aadhaar card will open the account. Through this, the savings account will also get 4% interest. There is no obligation to keep the minimum amount in it. This service will be available in 650 districts of the country.
- On September 06, 2018, the Constitutional Bench of the Supreme Court has abolished the provision of Section 377 of the consent of homosexual relations between the two adults, considered to be a crime. After the extracting homosexual relations from the category of crime, India has become the 126th country, where homosexuality is valid.
- The country's first National Rail and Transport University, built in Vadodara of Gujarat, has started working. On September 5, 2018, on the occasion of Teachers Day, India's first railway university was started in Vadodara in Gujarat.
- Union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated the country's first India Tourism Mart (ITM) at Ashok Hotel on 17 September, 2018. The India Tourism Mart (ITM) was organized from 16th September 2018 to 18th September 2018.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of a project worth Rs 13,000 crore for the revitalization of Talcher fertilizer plant in Odisha on September 22. For the first time in this plant, coal will be converted into gas and used as raw cotton and neem-coated urea will be produced. This will help in the reduction of imports of natural gas and urea and make India self-reliant in this fertilizer case.
- Famous economist Prof. Vijay Shankar Vyas passed away on 12th September, 2018 at Jaipur at the age of 87. Prof. Vijay Shankar Vyas was conferred Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2006.
- Freedom fighter and former Odisha minister Dolagobinda Pradhan passed away at Bhubaneswar at the age of 93. He was a follower of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, he participated in the Quit India Movement in 1942.
- In the Human Development Index released by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on September 14, India has climbed up one place from 189 countries to 130th position. In South Asia, the value of India's Human Development Index (HDI) is more than the average area of 0.638. In this list, Bangladesh and Pakistan are ranked 136 and 150 respectively. India's position in 2016 was 131.
- According to the first scientific study ranking countries for the level of investment in human capital, India is ranked 158th in the world for its investment in education and health care. In this list, China ranked 44th, Sri Lanka 102, Maldives 116th, Bhutan 133th, Nepal 156th, Bangladesh 161th and Pakistan 164th place. According to this study, Finland is on the 1st rank.
- The 18th Asian Games that started in Indonesia on August 18 were concluded on 02 September. About 11,000 players from 45 countries participated in the 18th Asian Games. In this Asian Games, China won the most medals, China won 132 gold, 92 silver and 65 bronze medals. In the Asian Games 2018, India remained 8th, India has won 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals, totaling 69 medals. In the Asian Games 2018, Japan and South Korea stood second and third in terms of winning the most medals.
- India Blue has won the Dilip Trophy 2018 title after defeating defending champion India Red in the final match played on NPR College ground on September 07, 2018.
- Fast bowler Jhulan Goswami of Indian women's cricket team has become the first woman bowler to take 300 wickets in international cricket.Jhulan has so far played 40 Tests, 205 ODIs and 56 wickets in T20. Jhulan Goswami announced his retirement from T-20 International Cricket in August 2018.
- The world's former tennis player Karolina Pliskova defeated Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka on 23 September 2018 and won the Pan Pacific Open title.
- Croatia captain and star football player Luka Modric won the 2018 FIFA Best Football Player of the Year award. With his inspiration, Croatia had reached the finals for the first time in the FIFA World Cup held in Russia this year in 2018.
- On 25th September 2018, the Indian President Ramnath Kovind awarded the Indian Cricket Team Captain Virat Kohli and World Champion Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award. he also awarded 20 players for their best performance in game's.
- The Indian cricket team defeated Bangladesh by three wickets on September 29 and won the Asia Cup title for the seventh time. India achieved the target of 223 runs won by three wickets and won Asia Cup title for the second consecutive time.
- Former Indian captain Sardar Singh announced his retirement from international hockey on Wednesday. He made his debut in 2006 against Pakistan in the senior team for the country. 32-year-old Sardar Singh played 350 international matches for India and captained the national team for 8 years from 2008 to 2016.
Click for more: September 2018 Current Affairs Monthly.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here