Current Affairs March 2018: Read Important monthly current affairs and major events of March 2018 related to India (National) and World (International) for SSC, Banking PO, IBPS, Indian Railways, UPSC, RPSC, State PSC and other upcoming competitive Examinations. It covered all latest current affairs topics like Politics, Appointments, Sports and Players, Awards and Honours, Important Days, Obituaries, Reports, Business, Government Schemes, Education, Books and Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Geography, Agreements, Conference and Entertainment.
- India and Vietnam jointly vowed to keep the India-Pacific region open while calling for a rule-based regional order and signed three agreements with nuclear cooperation.
- Power Grid Corporation of India (Power Grid) has entered into an agreement with State Bank of India for a loan of Rs. 5000 crore for fulfilling its capital expenditure.
- National Peoples Party (NPP) President Conrad Sangma took oath as the 12th Chief Minister of Meghalaya on 06 March 2018. Apart from CM Sangma, 6 other MLAs were also sworn in as ministers. Among the six ministers, NPP has two (Priscitan Tinsong and James Sangma) and one from BJP (AL HAC) are included.
- Uber India has made the Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli as his first brand ambassador. This company provides taxi booking facility through mobile app in many parts of the country.
- Tata Sons Chairman N. Chandrasekharan has been elected president of the Council of Indian Institute of Science (IISC) for 2018-21.
- Martin Wizcarra took oath as the new President of Peru on March 23, 2018. Wizcarra will be in the presidency by 2021. Prior to this, Pedro Pablo Kujinski, who was stranded in corruption, resigned from the post on March 21. Wizcarra was Vice President at that time
- The Parliament of Myanmar elected Vin Mint as the new President of the country on March 28, 2018. Former President Hutin Chaw had quit his post last week explaining the need for rest. After this, 66-year-old Vin Mant has been elected to the post.
- Vineet Joshi, former Chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), has been appointed as the first Director General of the National Examination Agency (NTA) on March 30, 2018. This agency will conduct entrance examinations for admission in higher educational institutions by CBSE, AICTE and other bodies. Joshi, IAS officer of Manipur cadre of 1992 batch has been appointed for this term for five years.
- Tennis player Roger Federer, who was 20 times the Grand Slam champion, has won the year 2017 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year and Comeback of the Year award too.
- British Actor Gary Oldman got the best actor Oscar Award for his film "Darkest Hour" he played wistan charchil role in the film and Actress Frances McDormand also got best actress Oscar for her film "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" at the 90th Acadamy Award was held in 05th March 2018 in America.
- Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, Geeta Mittal has become the first woman to be conferred with 'Women Power Award' from the field of law and justice.
- Canadian mathematician Robert Longlands won the 2018 Abel prize. This award got him from his Representation Theory for his visionary project to connect the number theory.
- Senior journalist and television presenter Karan Thapar has been honored with the GK Reddy Memorial National Award for journalism by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- Indian actress Anushka Sharma has been included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018 list. Anushka Sharma has secured 29th place in this list. Anushka started her career as a model in 2007. She made his acting debut in 2008 with 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi', which gave him the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
Top India Current Affairs
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanamb Sonowal has started the 'toll-free' helpline number '181-Sakhi' in the state in view of security of women on March 29, 2018. Women can use this helpline for any kind of assistance, including medical emergency, family advice etc. These helpline movies will be available from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the evening.
- Roger Bannister, the world's first runner, who completed one mile distance in less than four minutes, died on 03 March 2018. He was 88 years old.
- Stephen Hawking, a well-known scientist of the world, passed away on March 14, 2018, at 76 years of age. He was born on 8 January 1942 in the United Kingdom. He has given the world much in the field of science, in which the black hole theory is the most important. Hawking told the world how black holes spread heat due to quantum effects. They told that the size of the black hole just increases, does not decrease.
- The famous Hindi poet Kedarnath Singh passed away on March 19, 2018. He was 84 years old. In the year 2014, by former President Pranab Mukherjee, Kedarnath Singh was honored with the Gyanpeeth Award for his outstanding contributions to Indian literature. Kedarnath Singh was born on July 7, 1934 in Chakia village in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh.
- According to the Hurun Global Rich List 2018, India has been ranked third in terms of number of billionaires, surpassing Germany. According to this, there are 114 billionaires in India, 131 in Germany it is the fifth rank. At the same time, China with 819 billionaires, US (571) second and UK (118) are fourth in this case.
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos tops the list in the '2018 World's Billionaires' list released by Forbes Magazine in March 2018. Their assets were worth $ 112 billion (about 7.5 lakh crore rupees). Bezos has become the world's first billionaire who owns more than $ 100 billion. He has surpassed Microsoft founder Bill Gates for the top four years in this list. India's industrialist Anil Ambani has secured 19th rank in this list.
- According to MasterCard's 'MasterCard Index of Women Entrepreneurs' (MIWE), India has been ranked 52th in the list of 57 nations. New Zealand is at the top of the list. This index focuses on the ability of women entrepreneurs in their country to redeem their opportunities.
- Bengaluru has been named the world's fifth cheapest city by the Economist Intelligence Unit's 2018 Cost of Living Index.
- In the list of "Top 25 Traveler's Choice of Destination" for Trip Advisor's year 2018, New Delhi has been ranked 22nd in the world and eighth place in Asia.
- According to Ochola's SpitTest Global Index, India has been ranked 67th in the broadband speed in India compared to February, which has increased from 76th last year. However, for the global internet download speed, India's rank remained steady at 109th globally.
- Australia defeated England 2-1 on 03 March 2018 and won the 27th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup title, the Indian team remained fifth. The Sultan Azlan Shah Cup was held in Malaysia.
- India topped the ISSF World Cup medal table with four gold, one silver and four bronze medals.
- Indian para-athlete Deepa Malik won gold medal in F-53/54 javelin throw event at World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai.
- FIFA gave Poland the right to host the upcoming Under-20 World Cup. It will host the 2019 edition of the European country tournaments. The decision was taken at the FIFA Council meeting in Bogota, Colombia on March 17, 2018. India had made a claim for it after the successful host of the Under-17 World Cup in October last year.
- Argentine tennis player Juan Martin del Potro has won the title of the Indian Wells Masters Tennis Tournament 2018 by defeating Roger Federer. Juan Martin del Potro beat Roger Federer 6-4, 6-7 (8/10), 7-6 (7/2) in the finals of the Indian Wells Masters Tennis Tournament, played on March 19, 2018.
- Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan has become the fastest bowler to take 100 ODI wickets. In the ICC ODI bowling rankings, top-seeded Rashid Khan broke the record of Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc, who made this record in 52 matches. Rashid Khan made this feat against the West Indies in the final of the ICC World Cup Qualifier.
- In the ISSF Junior World Cup held in Australia, India has won 22 medals. India won 22 medals with 9 gold and finished the campaign with the second place. At the same time, China was in the first place. He has 25 medals including 9 gold in his account.
Click for more: March 2018 Current Affairs Monthly.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here