October 2016 Current Affairs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14 October 2016 inaugurated 'Shaurya Smarak ', the war memorial in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The 'Shaurya Smarak ' was constructed by the state government in honour of those who laid down their lives for the country.
- Assam’s Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on 8 September 2016 inaugurated Majuli as the 35th district of Assam. With this, Majuli became India\'s first island district.
- India’s first e-court was opened at High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad on 17 July 2016. It was inaugurated by Supreme Court judge Justice Madan B Lokur who heads the e-Committee of the Supreme Court.
- Sweden inaugurated a test stretch of an electric road in Sandviken to conduct tests with electric power for hybrid heavy transports on public roads. With this, Sweden becomes first country in the world to have electric road.
- PM Modi released India’s first ever National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP), which aims to make the country disaster resilient and reduce loss of lives.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated “Make In India Centre” at Mumbai’s MMRDA Grounds and is scheduled to formally inaugurate “Make in India Week” (February 13-18) in the evening at Mumbai’s NSCI Grounds for promoting India as a preferred global destination for manufacturing.
- Mercedes-Benz inaugurated its 83rd dealership in Pune. It is the second state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz dealership in Pune, which is in sync with the brand’s ‘Winning’ strategy for the year 2016. Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director & CEO, Roland Folger hinted the inauguration of ten new outlets in India by the end of 2016.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 12th South Asian Games (SAG) yesterday in one of the main cities of Assam, Guwahati. While addressing an audience at the opening ceremony of the 12-day sporting event.
- The first ever India International Science Festival (IISF) was inaugurated by Minister for Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan at IIT Delhi. During his inaugural address, the minister asked the private sector for increasing support to the rural innovators who are innovating to solve everyday problems, especially in helping these innovators in their endeavour of promotion and marketing. He also vouched for the need of inclusive approach to entrepreneurship.
Click for more: Latest Inauguration Current Affairs.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here