November 2017 Current Affairs
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed the world's highest motorable road in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, passing through Umlingla Top at a height of over 19,300 feet.
- According to Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2017, India is ranked the eighth most valuable nation brand while the United States retained its top position and China is at second spot in this list.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Rs 4,337-crore Bhadbhut Barrage project in Bharuch, Gujarat. It aims to stop the ingress of salinity along the Narmada River.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the setting up of India's first marine police training institute at Gujarat's Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has sanctioned a USD 300 million loan facility for carrying forward fiscal reforms in West Bengal.
- Rajasthan government has started Agriculture Produce Deposit Loan Scheme (Krishi Upaj Rahan Loan Scheme) for the farmers so that they get right price for their produce.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe laid the foundation stone of India's first bullet train project that will run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel has announced that the first edition of Rural Games or Gramin Khel Mahotsav will be started from Delhi. It will take place from 28th August to 3rd September 2017.
- The nine-judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice of India JS Khehar in a landmark unanimous decision has declared right to privacy a fundamental right under the constitution.
- The Maharashtra government launched a motorbike ambulance service to provide swift medical assistance to patients.
- Raipur's Swami Vivekananda Airport has been ranked first in customer satisfaction in a survey carried out by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) across 49 airports in the country.
- According to the 'SDG Index and Dashboards Report', India is ranked 116 out of 157 nations on a global index that assesses the performance of countries towards achieving the ambitious sustainable development goals (SDGs).This report has been produced by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and the Bertelsmann Stiftung.
- India has slipped by one spot to become the fourth-largest foreign investor into the UK.
- Government has made Aadhaar mandatory for opening new accounts and for transactions worth Rs 50,000 or more.
- A group of taxi drivers in Delhi has set up a start-up cab service, named "Sewa Cab". The service cab fare starts from 5 rupees.
- According to the 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI), India has surpassed China to secure the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business.
Click for more: Latest India Current Affairs.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here