January 2016 Current Affairs
- India and Pakistan have extended their agreement relating to rail communication by mutual consent through diplomatic channels for next three years. The agreement, signed on 28 June, 1976, enables India-Pakistan rail communication both in respect of goods and passenger traffic.
- Indian President Pranab Mukherjee started his two-day Belarus tour by signing six bilateral agreements. The agreements signed include a protocol that amended the agreement for Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion, MoU between state owned communication agencies of both countries, cooperation in maintenance of standards between standard maintaining agencies, MoU between Belarusian ministry of finance and SEBI, MoU between Bellegprom and India's textiles ministry, and others.
- Internet giant Google is planning to set a up its own campus in Hyderabad and is likely to sign an MoU with Telangana government. In case it happens then this will be the third campus of Google after the US and the UK.
- 6,000 MW thermal power plant will be set up in Telangana by Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL). BHEL chairman and managing director B. Prasad Rao and Telangana State Power Generation Corporation (TS GENCO) chairman and managing director. D. Prabhakar Rao signed a MoU.
- Establishment of Chinese industrial parks in India is one of the three agreements signed between India and China. Vice President Hamid Ansari and his Chinese counterpart Li Yuanchao were present when the agreements were signed between the two nations in Beijing. Chinese industrial park in India will allow more Chinese investment in India.
- 17 countries of the world are a part of the Washington Accord, which is an international agreement with the contract to promote mobility and a guarantee of quality of engineers across the boundaries. As per media reports, India is now a permanent member of Washington Accord, which was announced after a meeting of the International Engineering Alliance of WA countries in New Zealand.
Click for more: Latest Agreement Current Affairs.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here