October 2017 Current Affairs
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos has overtaken Bill Gates to become the world's richest person with a net worth of $91.6 billion.
- India on 02 october 2017 received its first ever shipment crude oil from the US, with State-owned Indian Oil Corporation Ltd importing 1.6 million barrels at the Paradip Port in Odisha. IndianOil became the first Indian public sector refiner from India to source US crude, has placed a cumulative order of 3.9 million barrels from the US.
- Reliance Industries ltd has jumped five places to rank as the world’s third-biggest energy company behind Russian gas firm Gazrpom and German utility E.ON, according to Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings.
- Chinese real estate giant Evergrande Group's Chairman Hui Ka Yan became Asia's richest man with a net worth of $41.1 billion.
- Microsoft's co- founder, Bill Gates overtook Spanish clothing brand Zara's Co-founder Amancio Ortega as the world's richest person.
- The Union cabinet approved a memorandum of understanding signed between India and Israel to set up USD 40 million funds for industrial research and technological innovation.
- Adani Transmission has acquired 100 per cent share capital of Hadoti Power Transmission Services Ltd from Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd (RVPN).
- ICICI Bank introduced an instant credit card which can be availed online and helps a customer to start shopping even before the plastic card gets delivered.
- The Union Cabinet approved sale of government's 51.11 per cent stake in oil refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) to India's largest oil producer Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) inked a pact with the defence ministry for production of a range of aircraft for the armed forces in the current fiscal, and set a revenue target of Rs 17,900 crore for the year.
- Wipro Infrastructure Engineering (WIN) and Israel's largest aerospace and defence firm Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) announced a strategic alliance for manufacturing composite aero structure parts and assemblies.
- Telecom operator Bharti Airtel announced the launch of *121# Digital Care platform in 11 Indian languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil.
- Telecom giant Verizon has acquired Yahoo’s core business for $4.48bn.
- According to HSBC's recent Trust in Technology report, with advancements in the field of biometric technology, India has topped globally in adoption of biometrics techniques.
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has upstaged Bajaj Auto to become the second largest bike maker in India during April.
Click for more: Latest Business Current Affairs.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here