June 2016 Current Affairs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Barack Obama decided on setting up six nuclear reactors in India and a slew of new climate financing initiatives.
- During Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Russia, bilateral relationship between the two countries took a great leap when 16 agreements were signed. Russia announced manufacturing attack chopper Kamov-226 along with BrahMos missiles in India and building up of 6 new nuclear power plants over a period of 20 years in India.
- Domestic electronics company Videocon in collaboration with technology giant Microsoft launched the world's first Windows 10-powered TV at a price of Rs.39,990.
- Indian Super League (ISL) club NorthEast United FC confirmed that they have signed Cameroon defender Andre Bikey as a replacement for the injured Miguel Garcia. 'Miguel Garcia had suffered an Achilles tendon rupture earlier this season, requiring a recovery time of 10 to 12 weeks,' NorthEast United said in a release.
- Microsoft has collaborated with Vadodara Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to open India’s first Digital Experience Centre in Vadodara. Microsoft India’s Business Development Director, Manohar Hotchandani, announced that the concerned centre (to be managed by Ingram Micro, distributor of Microsoft) will help business entities, individuals, partners, and institutions get first-hand experience of Microsoft software run modern devices Office 365.
- After Indian PM Narendra Modi and his counterpart from Pakistan Nawaz Sharif agreed to resume foreign secretary level talks, 172 fishermen were released by Pakistan as a goodwill gesture. Malir Jail’s superintendent, Muhammad Sehto, told media that they have released the prisoners after getting the release orders.
- Prime Ministers of both Japan and India have pledged boosting cooperation in fields of science and technology. A letter of intent was signed between Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology and Ministry of Earth Sciences of India for launching cooperation in the field of ocean and earth science and technology.
Click for more: Latest Collaboration Current Affairs.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here