Current Affairs of November 2014 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of November 2014. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 November 2014:
- The 21-year-old history student at St Stephen’s college returned from Incheon on Sunday with three medals in the bag.
- The government on Saturday slashed import tariff value on gold to $391 per 10 grams and silver to $551 per kg following weak global price trends.
- Bihar assembly speaker Uday Narain Chaudhary on Saturday terminated the assembly membership of four suspended JD(U) MLAs after a hearing of over two months.
- Mukesh Ambani and his family celebrated golden jubilee birthday of his wife Nita Ambani in Varanasi.
- Lithuania on Saturday enacted a ban on selling energy drinks to anyone under 18.
- Zakir Hussain College defeated Motilal Nehru college in a thrilling encounter to win the inaugural edition of the `Inter-College Uth League 2014′ played here at the Ambedkar stadium on Sunday.
Current Affairs of 02 November 2014:
- India win first ODI of the five matche series beat Sri Lanka with score 363 on 2nd November 2014.
- The Amit Shah-led central election committee of BJP in New Delhi on Sunday nominated 45 candidates for the J&K assembly polls.
- Astronomers have discovered an elusive new low-mass, low-density planet located 2,300 light years away from Earth with an atmosphere loaded with hydrogen and helium.
- Sergio Aguero’s goal ensured Louis van Gaal’s first Manchester derby ended in defeat as Manchester City beat 10-man Manchester United 10 at Eastlands on Sunday .
- Jaisha, Kundan, Manpreet clinch gold in the 5000m event at the 54th National Open Athletics Championship here on Sunday.
- World number one Novak Djokovic won his 600th ATP match on Sunday.
Current Affairs of 03 November 2014:
- Veteran actor Sadashiv Amrapurkar one of the most iconic villains of Hindi cinema, passed away at 64 in private hospital in Mumbai on Monday.
- Former PM Manmohan Singh has been chosen for one of Japan’s top national awards –`The Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers’.
- American daredevil Nik Wallenda broke two world records on Sunday when he crossed the Chicago skyline on a tightrope suspended between three skyscrapers, without a safety harness.
- Soft drink giants Coca-Cola will be the title sponsors of the upcoming International Premier Tennis League launched by India’s doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi.
Current Affairs of 04 November 2014:
- Manavaditya Rathore, son of Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Rathore, on Tuesday clinched the gold medal in junior men’s trap at the 4th Asian Shotgun Championships.
- The CBI on Tuesday arrested Biju Janata Dal Lok Sabha MP Ramchandra Hansdah along with two former MLAs, of BJD and BJP , in connection with a chit fund fraud.
- Mumbai Indians have acquired Unmukt Chand from Rajasthan Royals and R Vinay Kumar from Kolkata Knight Riders in the first Indian Premier League (IPL) Trading Window.
- The 2015 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be played Apr 8-May 24, its governing council announced Tuesday.
Current Affairs of 05 November 2014:
- Sachin Tendulkar has launched his highly-anticipated autobiography ‘Playing it my way’ in Mumbai on Wednesday.
- The UP government’s Samajwadi Pension Yojana was launched on Wednesday as chief minister Akhilesh Yadav gave away pension account cards to around 6,000 beneficiaries from Lucknow.
- The 6th world Ayurveda Congress & Arogya Expo held in Pragati Maidan from November 06-08.
- Delhi University won the North Zone Inter University cricket tournament after 15 long years when they thrashed Kurukshetra University by 276 runs here on Wednesday.
Current Affairs of 06 November 2014:
- Narendra Modi has made his debut in the world’s most powerful people list by Forbes, ranking 15th, with Russian president Vladimir Putin once again beating US president Barack Obama to the top spot.
- Manohar Parrikar will resign as Goa CM on Friday, and State health minister Laxmikant Parsekar is likely to be the next CM.
- Miranda Lambert wins Female Vocalist of the year, Musical Event of the year, Album of the Year and Single of the Year at the Country Music Association Award in Nashville Tennessee on Wednesday.
- Mark Ramprakash has been appointed as England’s new batting coach this week.
- Ankur Mittal clinched the gold medal in men’s double trap event at the 4th Asian Shotgun Championship on Thursday.
Current Affairs of 07 November 2014:
- CBSE is conducting for the first time online application for the National Eligibility Test. Central Board of Secondary Education has received about 3.75 lakh applications. The last date to apply for the exam is November 15, 2014.
- India registered the third highest rate for patent filings by non-residents at 78% of the total applications. Canada and Brazil topped the list with 86.6% and 84%.
- Australia cruised to a seven wicket victory over South Africa to level their three-match Twenty20 series in Melbourne on Friday.
- All-rounder Shakib Al Hasan became the third man to hit a hundred and take 10-wickets in the same match as hosts Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 162 runs in the second Test in the three-match series.
Current Affairs of 08 November 2014:
- President Pranab Mukherjee has approved amendments to the labour laws passed by the Rajasthan government.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe held talks Saturday after more than two years of frozen high-level contacts.
- The Saudi king’s advisory council has recommended that the government lift its ban on female drivers.
- Pinki Rani replaced an injured MC Mary Kom while Priyanka Choudhary came in for the suspended Sarita Dev in the Indian squad announced on Saturday for the Women’s World Boxing Championships to be held at Jeju.
- Only two men in the history of MotoGP have won 12 races in a season -Mick Doohan in 1997 and current world champion Marc Marquez this year.
Current Affairs of 09 November 2014:
- Magnus Carlsen drew first blood by defeating challenger Viswanathan Anand in the second game of the World Chess Championship in Sochi on Sunday.
- India has successfully test-fired its medium-range nuclear-capable Agni-II missile with a strike range of more than 2,000 km from the Wheeler Island off Odisha coast as part of a user trial by the Army.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit got ready for an intense FTA battle with the two countries US and CHia pushing for different versions of free trade agreements.
- Veteran actor-turned-activist Harry Belafonte received an honorary Oscar for his humanitarian work on Saturday.
- Asian Games gold-winning teammates Rajat Chauhan and Abhishek Verma got engaged in a mouth-watering compound archery final that ended with a tie-break.
Current Affairs of 10 November 2014:
- Delhi Transco Limited (DTL) observed National Unity Day on the occasion of birth anniversary of late Sardar Ballabhbhai Patel.
- A minor explosion took place outside the CRPF camp in Bengal’s Salt Lake on Monday where the National Investigative Agency (NIA) has set up a makeshift office for the Burdwan blast probe.
- Congress member and former law minister and governor H R Bhardwaj on Friday joined the chorus of `Bring Priyanka.
- Following directions from Prime Minister’s Office, the road transport ministry has set four higher efficiency parameters for itself, including the target to award more national highway (NH) projects.The target that has been set for this fiscal is over two-and-a-half times more than 2013-14 achievement -from 8.7 km per day to 23.3 km per day .
Current Affairs of 11 November 2014:
- Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag will leave for Nepal on Wednesday to reaffirm the close military ties with the landlocked country, where China has made several strategic inroads.
- Former Union minister G K Vasan, who quit Congress in Tamil Nadu recently , will formally launch his own party and hold its first public rally in the state in Trichy on November 28.
- A new study into the effects of cannabis has discovered that regular users have smaller brains than those who never smoke the substance.
- Joshana Chinappa, along with Anaka Alankamony, Aparajitha Balamurukan Sachika Ingale and Harshit Kaur Jawanda will be representing India who will be without their highestranked player Dipika Pallikal in the World Women’s Team Championship squash to be held in Canada from Dec 1 to 6.
Current Affairs of 12 November 2014:
- The Delhi chief secretary launch a massive awareness campaign driving for PSU on Wednesday.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation has examined some senior officials of Reserve Bank of India, Securities Exchange Board of India and Registrar of Companies in Kolkata.
- India tops the global list with 318 deaths per 1,000 children under five years of age due to pneumonia and diarrhoea.
- BJP have currently 3.5crore member and Amit Shah want to make world’s largest party.
- `The Big Bang Theory’ actress Carol Ann Susi has died. She was 62 and she was battling cancer, died on Tuesday in LA.
- European Space Agency (ESA) successfully landed the first man-made object on a comet, a cosmic first, designed to trace the origins of life on Earth.
- Shiva Keshavan, will have a personal coach for the first time in his 18 years of international career after former world champion Duncan Rennedy signed up with him for the next four years.
Current Affairs of 13 November 2014:
- Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma hit 264 in the 4th ODI against Sri Lanka. Included Rohit Sharma’s record 33 fours and 9 sixes. He became first cricketer hit double century in ODI and Entire Lankan team dismissed for 251 on 13th November 2014.
- Pt Jasraj, among the few remaining classical leg ends of his era, has been awarded this year’s Sumitra Charat Ram Award for lifetime achievement.
- Scientists have named a new species of frog Pendropsophus ozzy in honour of rocker Ozzy Osbourne.
- The world’s shortest man, Chandra Bahadur Dangi of Nepal 54.6cm greets the tallest living man of Torkey’s Sultan Kosen 261cm, to mark the 60th Guinness World Record day in London on Thursday.
- Pakistan has successfully test-fired an intermediaterange missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. The Shaheen-II missile, also known as Hatf-VI, with a range of 1,500km was launched on Thursday.
Current Affairs of 14 November 2014:
- Mitchell Johnson as the Australian fast bowler won ICC Cricketer of the Year as well as the ICC Test cricketer of the Year on Friday.
- The East Delhi Municipal Corporation, on Children’s Day, launched a toll free helpline No 1800112028 for teachers at municipal schools.
- The Bombay high court on Friday stayed the 16% reservation for Marathas in jobs and education introduced earlier this year, faulting the data used by the state to back its assertion that the community is backward.
- The shifting of timing of this crucial hourlong proceeding will be effective from the winter session of Parliament, beginning November 24.
- The public broadcaster Doordarshan is relaunching its national channel as “Desh Ka Apna channel” with a slew of new programmes.
- Kerala, Goa, Union territories of Chandigarh, Puducherry, Lakshadweep and three districts in Gujarat have reported 100% coverage of households by opening at least one account under the Prime Minister’s Jan Dhan Yojana.
Current Affairs of 15 November 2014:
- New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) will start a Wi-Fi facility in Connaught Place from 16th November 2014.
- Singapore offered to turn Delhi into a smart city.“Singapore can help the new government led by PM Modi initiate the process.
- The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) is planning ban on incandescent light bulbs that consume 10 times more power than LEDs.
- Spice launches new Android KitKat-based Mi-430 smartphone at Rs 4,399.
- Actress Angelina Jolie has reportedly hired her eldest son Maddox as production assistant for her movie By The Sea.
- Norwegian World chess champion Magnus Carlsen defeat to the title challenger, India’s Viswanathan Anand, at the world title match at Sochi on Saturday.
Current Affairs of 16 November 2014:
- India 31st rank among 50 countries and Germany is No.1 in list of 2014 according to an annual nation branding survey by research firm Anholt-GfK.
- Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar adopt Andhra Pradesh’s Puttamrajuvari Kandriga on 16th November 2014.
- China and South Korea signed on the outlines of a free trade agreement (FTA) with India on Sunday.
- Cambridge University has retained its reputation as Britain’s best university while its rival Oxford slipped to number 2 from the joint first spot in the `University Guide 2015′ released on Sunday.
- Saina Nehwal won commanding title-winning performance at the China Open in Fuzhou on Sunday.
- Rashid Khan won the $750,000 and Second Title of the Year, on sunday at Bangkok.
Current Affairs of 17 November 2014:
- India on Monday successfully test-fired its indigenously developed surface-to-air `Akash’ missile from a test range in Odisha as part of user trial by the Air Force.
- The Global Slavery Index 2014 announced on Monday that India and Pakistan alone account for over 45% of total global enslaved population and have highest prevalence of modern slavery in Asia.
- Scientists have found that a 10 -second kiss leads to the transfer of as many as 80 million bacteria between partners and Bacteria in the human mouth play a vital role by helping us digest food to synthesizing nutrients and preventing disease.
- India Women scored a massive 400 for six declared and then reduced South Africa to 85 for three, at the end of the second day of the one-off Test match.
Current Affairs of 18 November 2014:
- Delhi-based Shardul and Mumbai-based Cyril are managing partners in India’s largest corporate law firm.
- On the occasion of World Toilet Day, Hundreds of schoolchildren and representatives from six countries pledged toilets for all at Connaught Place’s Central Park on Tuesday.
- India was the sixth worst-affected country by terrorism in 2013 -the other five being war zones at present according to the Global Terrorism Index 2014 report.
- Sutirtha Bhattacharya has been named for the post of Coal India (CIL) chairman on Tuesday.
- Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan has been dropped as the brand ambassador of the Godrej Group as it kick-starts the second phase of its brandbuilding exercise.
Current Affairs of 19 November 2014:
- Neel Mukherjee has been won the Man Booker prize 2014 for his latest novel `The Lives of Others’ has been shortlisted for the British literary prize -The Costa Book Awards.
- Indian space agency Isro will be conferred the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2014.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first Indian PM to visit Fiji after Indira Gandhi in 1981 and Modi announced a $75 million line of credit for the country’s sugar industry.
- Indian batsman Suresh Raina joined “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan“ after nominated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) will not pitch for a high-profile coach and instead settle for someone who will find it easy to understand, and improve, Indian football.
Current Affairs of 20 November 2014:
- Central Bank of India has been awarded with ‘First Prize’ in linguistic region ‘A’ and ‘C’ by Reserve Bank of India for the best implementation of Official Language Policy of Govt.
- Dr. T.R.K. Rao has assumed charge as Director of NMDC Limited.
- Mike Nichols, a ninetime Tony Award winner on Broadway and the Oscar-winning director of films died on Wednesday at age 83.
- American singer Jimmy Ruffin, who was a regular with famous record label Motown, has died. He was 78.
- Chihuahua named Frida has won her first political office, being named Mayor of San Francisco for the day as part of a campaign to support the city’s animal shelter.
Current Affairs of 21 November 2014:
- Haryana whistleblower IAS officer Ashok Khemka has been made transport commissioner and secretary (transport) on Friday.
- Mangalyaan has been named among the best 25 inventions of 2014 by Time magazine which described it as a technological feat that will allow India to flex its “interplanetary muscles.
- Australia to three-wicket victory over south Africa to clinch the five-game ODI series in Melbourne on Friday.
- Former Indian captain & selector Dilip Vengsarkar receives BCCI Instituted Col. CK Nayudu lifetime achievement award from Shival Yadav on Friday.
- Karun Chandhok and Mahindra Racing Formula E tam are all set for Round 2 of the championships on the street of Putrajaya in Malaysia on Sunday.
Current Affairs of 22 November 2014:
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s first train with advertisements was brought into service on the Dwarka Sector 21¬Noida City CentreVaishali fo the blue line on Friday.
- The owner of Sonali Tea Estate in Bagrakote, Dooars, was lynched by workers on Saturday evening during negotiations for payment of arrears.
- Fatma Ben Guefreche from Tunisia crowned winner of the fourth annual World Muslimah award in Yogyakrta, Indonesia on Saturday.
- Satellite images show China is building an island on a reef in the disputed Spratly Islands large enough to accommodate what could be its first offshore airstrip in the South China Sea.
- Mali has confirmed a new case of Ebola and identified two new suspected cases.
- India’s men and women elite cycling teams won two gold medals on the second day of the Track Asia Cup 2014 at the Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex Velodrome here Saturday.
Current Affairs of 23 November 2014:
- Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick against Sevilla on Saturday overtaking Telmo Zarra to become the all-time top goal scorer at the Liga, Messi has 253 goals to Zarra’s 252.
- A 17-year-old Brazilian boy Marcel Fernandes Filho had broken his own Guinness World record for the fastest texting on a smartphone touch screen, typing a 25-word message in just 17 seconds.
- Roger Federer won the Davis Cup final against France by taking an unassailable 3-1 lead on Sunday.
- James Faulkner hit the winning boundary with five balls to spare to give Australia a thrilling two-wicket victory over South Africa on Sunday and push them to the top of the ICC one-day rankings.
Current Affairs of 24 November 2014:
- US defence secretary Chuck Hagel resigned on Monday after a series of foreign policy glitches and setbacks.
- The first-ever bus service between India and Nepal will be flagged off from Ambedkar Stadium bus terminal here on Tuesday evening.
- A Russian Soyuz spacecraft carrying Italy’s first female astronaut has safely docked with the International Space Station (ISS).
- National Cadet Corps celebrated its 66th anniversary on November 23.
- S Sarjubala (48kg) and Saweety (81kg) settled for silver medals, rounding off a decent campaign in the 8th World Women’s Boxing Championships, here on Monday.
Current Affairs of 25 November 2014:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank on Tuesday became the first bank to get the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) permission to set up a wholly-owned non-life insurance company .
- The famous 94-year old legendary classical dancer Sitara Devi passed away at Jaslok Hospital in Mumba on Tuesday.
- Hundred of school children assemble to break the Guinness world Record for the largest gathering of Christmas elves, outsides a shopping mall in central Bangkok on Tuesday.
- The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has received between $35 million and $45 million in ransom payments in the past year.
- Tennis star Sania Mirza on Tuesday became the United Nations women’s goodwill ambassador for the South Asian region.
- Karnataka retained the Vijay Hazare Trophy after defeating Punjab convincingly by a whopping 156 runs in the final on Tuesday.
Current Affairs of 26 November 2014:
- The green court on Wednesday was a ban on petrol and diesel vehicles older than 15 years.
- The Lok Sabha on Wednesday cleared a bill to amend a law on appointment of CBI chief.
- The World Trade Organization postponed adoption of the first global trade reform in its 19-year history on Wednesday.
- The world’s first zerogravity 3D printer on the International Space Station has created the first object made using additive manufacturing, paving the way for future long-term space expedition.
- Shikha Pandey’s all-round performance helped India Women beat South Africa Women by six wickets to level the ODI series 1-1 here on Wednesday.
Current Affairs of 27 November 2014:
- Australian batsman Phillip Hughes on Thursday became the first international cricketer to die from an injury suffered while batting.
- The government is showcasing a film “Children of War'” based on the 1971 Bangladesh liberation war at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
- The renewable energy ministry has proposed a gross budgetary support of Rs 4,050 crore for setting up 25 solar parks of 500 mw each and ultra-mega solar power projects to add 20,000 mw green generation capacity in the next five years.
- China has 244 million people licenced to drive cars, the largest number worldwide according to China’s Ministry of Public Security (MPS).
- World Trade Organization members agreed to the first global trade deal in the agency’s 20-year history by endorsing a move to roll out easier customs rules.
Current Affairs of 28 November 2014:
- The Planning Commission will be replaced by a new institution called `Neeti Ayog’ (Policy Commission) with the PM as its exofficio chairman.
- The massive success of Raahgiri Day –launched in Gurgaon last November and in Delhi this July–the UD ministry on Friday conferred the ` Award of Excellence’ to `Raahgiri Day’.
- A new test designed to rapidly diagnose Ebola virus infection is to be tried out at a treatment centre for the disease in Guinea.
- Thailand’s parliament has voted to ban commercial surrogacy after outrage erupted over the largely unregulated industry following allegations an Australian couple abandoned a baby with Down’s syndrome.
- Female Racing driver Susie Wolff has been appointed as the official test pilot for williams on Friday.
- Mohammedan Sporting on Friday named Ananta Ghosh as their chief coach for the upcoming season.
Current Affairs of 29 November 2014:
- Uttar Pradesh is set to get a new highway patrol police force in a year. The force will be trained by New Zealand traffic police and will sport a special uniform.
- An eight-foot bronze statue of a decorated Indian fighter pilot of WWII, Squadron leader Mohinder Singh Pujji, was unveiled at St Andrew’s Gardens in Gravesend on Friday.
- Taiwan’s premier resigned on Saturday after his party suffered a landslide defeat at the island’s biggest local polls.
- An umpire and former captain of Isreal’s national cricket team died on Saturday after being hit in the jaw by a ball.
- PV Sindhu moved closer to defending her title as she thrashed Busanan Ongbumrungpan of Thailand 21-14, 21-15 in the semifinals of the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold on Saturday.
Current Affairs of 30 November 2014:
- Japan on Sunday delayed the launch of a space probe designed to mine an asteroid for a second time due to bad weather.
- A new one dollar easy-to-use injectable contraceptive has been developed by researchers who plan to distribute it in 69 of the world’s poorest countries by 2020.
- Bharti Airtel, the country’s biggest mobile operator’s plan that it will offer group-sharing plans for postpaid users between a group of five members.
- PV Sindhu capped the year on a triumphant note as she brushed aside South Korean challenger Kim Hyo Min 21-12, 21-17 to retain the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold title on Sunday.
- Jordan Spieth won his second professional title by six strokes at the Australian Open on Sunday.
- The mascot for the the 2016 European football championship in France has been named Super Victor in a vote of internet users, it was announced on Sunday.
- Real Madrid recorded a club-record 16th consecutive win in all competitions with a 2-1 win at Malaga on Saturday to move five points clear at the top of La Liga.
Click for more: November 2014 Current Affairs and Top Latest Major Events of India and World.
This post first appeared on Current Affairs 2016 GK Question Answer EQuiz Stud, please read the originial post: here