* CLOUD MEANS RESOURE ON DEMAND
* EC2 IS NOTHING BUT YOUR VM
* OFFERS VMS ON DEMAND
* LIKE SELF SERVICE IN HOTELS
* IF A DEVELOPER NEED VPS IF HE HAVE THE RESOURSE HE DON’T NEED TO WAIT FOR THE ADMINS TO CREATE ONE IF HE CAN SIMPLE MANAGE USING FRONT END
EC2 PROVIDES THESE SERVICES
* ORCHESTRATION AND AUTOMATION
* FOR CREATING A VM YOUR REQUIREMENT IS
* WINDOWS+IP+OFFICE+ECLIPE+JOIN DOMAIN
* ORCHESTRATION SORTS THAT TO WINDOWS+ IP + DOMAIN+ OFFICE + ECLIPSE
* IT ALSO KEEP TRACK OF WORK AND EVEN IF FAILS IT NOTIFIES THE ADMN AND WAIT FOR THE RESPONSE WITH THAT IT WILL CONTINUE THE WORK
AWS SIMPLE WORK FLOW SERVICE IS THE ORCHESTRATION SERVICE
* AUTOMATION IS THE BACKGROUND WORKING
Features of Amazon EC2Amazon EC2 provides the following features:
• Virtual computing environments, known as instances
• Preconfigured templates for your instances, known as Amazon Machine Images (AMIs), that package the bits you need for your server (including the operating system and additional software)
• Various configurations of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity for your instances, known as instance types
• Secure login information for your instances using key pairs (AWS stores the public key, and you store the private key in a secure place)
• Storage volumes for temporary data that's deleted when you stop or terminate your instance, known as instance store volumes
• Persistent storage volumes for your data using Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), known as Amazon EBS volumes
• Multiple physical locations for your resources, such as instances and Amazon EBS volumes, known as regions and Availability Zones
• A firewall that enables you to specify the protocols, ports, and source IP ranges that can reach your instances using security groups
• Static IP addresses for dynamic cloud computing, known as Elastic IP addresses
• Metadata, known as tags, that you can create and assign to your Amazon EC2 resources
• Virtual networks you can create that are logically isolated from the rest of the AWS cloud, and that you can optionally connect to your own network, known as virtual private clouds (VPCs)
different ec2 instances provide different features some of them are
Provides enhanced networking of 10gbps speed
High performance cluster –g2 instance – used in video editing etc
Trim facility – get block level acess and can delete content permentaly , otherwise even if we use shift delete we can recover the data back
In storage optimized amazon provides 10 g networking speed which is compatible with localy attached volumes
* COST PER HOUR PER INSTANCE
* IF WE CREATE A VM AT 10:00 AND DELETE IN 10:02 WILL CHARGE FOR 1 HOUR
10:02-10:03, 10:15-10:20, 10:30:10:35, 10:35:10:40 will charge 0.03*4 if 0.03 is charge for 1 hour 1 instance
* Instance running hours , can terminate using cron jobs manually , amazon will never terminate instance at any tym
DIFFERENT PURCHASE MODELS
* ON DEMAND – NEED SPIN UP MACHINE AND TERMINATE AFTER USE – ABOUT 0.07$ PER HR PERINS
* RESERVED – BUY FOR 1 YR,2 YR,3 YR ETC INSTANCE – WILL GET AT DISCOUNTED PRICE IF PAID IN ADVANCE ABOUT 0.03$
* NO ADVANCE THEN MORE LIKE ON DEMAND – 0.06$
* PARTIAL UPFRONT IS ALSO AVAILABLE LIKE PAY 1 YR IN ADV
* SPOT – BID VM AT A VERY LOW PRICE THAN ON DEMAND SERVICE
* CAN TERMINATE AT ANY TIME IF SOME ONE BIDS MORE
* CAN BE ONLY USED FOR DATA PROCESSING LIKE HADOOP
* WITH PRIOR 15 MN NOTIFICATION INSTANCE WILL BE TERMINATED
* VERY CHEAP PRICE COMPARED TO ON DEMAND
* CAN CREATE PYTHON SCRIPTS TO KEEP BIDDING AND KEEP THE INSTANCES
* VCPU , RAM ETC ARE PRE CONFIGURED
* TSHIRT SIZING
* NANO,MICRO,SMALL,MEDIUM,LARGE,XLARGE,2 XLARGE,4 XLARGE,8 XLARGE,10 XLARGE, 32 XLARGE
* General Purpose :provide a balance of CPU, memory, and network resources ,
This family includes the M1 and M3 instance types
ideal for running small and mid-size databases, more memory-hungry data processing tasks, caching fleets, and backend servers for SAP, Microsoft SharePoint, and other enterprise applications.
* M4 instances are the latest generation of General Purpose Instances.
*Compute-Optimized:This family includes the C1 and CC2 instance types, and is geared towards applications that benefit from high compute power.
HIGH-traffic web sites, on-demand batch processing, distributed analytics, web servers, video encoding, and high performance science and engineering applications like genome analysis, high-energy physics.
* C4 instances are the latest generation of Compute-optimized instances
* Memory-Optimized:This family includes the M2 and CR1 instance types and is designed for memory-intensive applications.
larger deployments of SAP, Microsoft SharePoint, and other enterprise applications.
* R3 instances are optimized for memory-intensive applications and offer lower price per GiB of RAM.
*Storage-Optimized:This family includes the HI1 and HS1 instance types, and provides you with direct-attached storage options optimized for applications with specific disk I/O and storage capacity requirements.
these instances to be the best platform for large deployments of NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB.
* I2 – High I/O Instances-This family includes the High Storage Instances that provide very fast SSD-backed instance storage optimized for very high random I/O performance, and provide high IOPS at a low cost.
*GPU Instances:This family includes the CG1 instance type, and allows you to take advantage of the parallel performance of NVidia
For applications like AMBER, a molecular dynamics application,computational chemistry, rendering, and financial analysis
G2 instances intended for graphics and general purpose GPU compute applications.-GRAPHICAL PROCESSING UNIT
* Can use cloud trail app to track each and every thing activity
* Byol – bring your own licence for windows can also use
* For apps need to buy licence on your own. Amazon package does not cover for it
* Ec2 only cover os charges
* Can buy app licence from aws market place
* We can also export vm from on perm dc to aws using terminal. No gui support for that.
* Vcenter plugins are available for aws to migrate vmware to ec2