Is there a player on the Denver Broncos roster right now that could be worth trading to another team?
The Denver Broncos could make some trades before the deadline that could possibly improve their roster or at the very least improve their 2019 NFL Draft position. There is plenty of talent on defense, but would it be worthwhile to trade some of that away?
Our staff tackled this hypothetical in the roundtable discussion below. Let us know what you think the Broncos could do here in the comments section below.
Pick one player to trade away, and what the Broncos would be getting back in exchange.
- Taylor: It’s hard to find a good trade candidate outside of the two obvious names. I’ll take Zaire Anderson, though. With the arrivals of Josey Jewell & Alexander Johnson, there’s no place left for him on Denver’s final roster. It’s unlikely that any team looks at Anderson as a potential starter, but he’s a nice special teams piece. If a team is worried about their coverage units & ILB depth, it might be just enough to get them to hand over a 7th round pick to make sure he doesn’t end up signing elsewhere.
- Scotty: Paxton Lynch for Aaron Rodgers. I would have said Shane Ray for a corner, but that has passed with the addition of Pac Man. So Ray and/or Lynch for something good.
- Hart: I’d trade away Paxton Lynch for any conditional draft selection. It’s time to admit selecting him was a mistake and let him move on somewhere else. The Broncos have sank enough resources into a failed endeavor and need not do it any longer.
- Sadaraine: I’d like to see the team trade Shane Ray away for a 3rd round pick. He’s a talented pass rusher who is behind better talent here in Denver. He’s going to likely be a 3rd round compensatory pick for us after this season anyway...I’d rather use that roster spot to develop someone who has a future in Denver.
- Jeff: Ditto exactly what Sadaraine said. I think trading Shane Ray for a mid round pick or even a corner could be a good move. Green Bay needs edge rushers, LA Rams need edge rushers. Heck, the whole league needs edge rushers, and Denver already has plenty, assuming Jeff Holland continues to impress.
- Adam: Devontae Booker for a draft pick could be good. I know that he’s the only veteran running back, but he is also the most expendable back. I’m not sure there is a market for Lynch, and I don’t know that Denver is ready to move on from Shane Ray, but Booker could bring a second-round pick.
- Pete: Can we trade away Lynch and Booker for literally any player in the NFL who we can simply cut and save on that salary? How these two are on the roster still just baffles me.
- Joe R: Paxton Lynch for a ham sandwich.
- Ian St: Package Booker and Lynch for a pick. The young depth at running back is too good to waste a roster spot on the Lynch of running backs (let’s hold out hope he turns into something he’s not).