Nobody seems willing to go out on a limb and pick the Giants to upset the Rams
Can the New York Giants upset the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday? Here are game picks from national NFL analysts, who clearly do not think the 12-4 Giants will defeat the 4-1 Rams.
- FiveThirtyEight, using it’s Elo formula, gives the Giants a surprisingly strong 32 percent chance of coming away with an upset victory.
- Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com is taking the Rams. Rosenthal, though, must have been in a mood when he made his picks. He wrote this:
There is a decent team lurking within the Giants if they ever get a break from the injury gods. They may not. Saquon Barkley and Kenny Golladay appear likely to exit the stage just as Darius Slayton and Sterling Shepard return. This score prediction assumes Daniel Jones returns from a concussion. If he’s playing, the third-year quarterback should be able to move the ball on a Rams defense that is still finding its way. It takes a special group to slow down future Hall of Famer Kadarius Toney.
- At USA Today, all seven analysts are picking the Rams.
- At ESPN, both Jordan Ranaan and Lindsey Thiry are picking the Rams. ESPN’s Football Power Index gives the Giants a 30.9 percent chance of an upset.
- At Athlon Sports, all four analysts are taking the Rams.
- At DK Nation, the Rams are the pick with “high confidence.”
- At Pro Football Talk, both analysts are taking Los Angeles. Mike Florio says simply “The Giants are too banged up, and the Rams are too good.”
- At Sports Illustrated, all five analysts are picking the Rams.