Chris and Invictus rank the top prospects in the draft
With the 2018 NFL draft just a matter of days/hours away, it’s time we unveiled the official Big Blue View Big Board.
We decided to build on last year’s experiment with a 2-axis big Board, ranking players by position and round, rather than a from 1 to (however many are ranked). This method is roughly similar to the one used by many NFL front offices, including the New York Giants.
In a slight change from last year, and in a nod to the shift in the Giants’ defensive philosophy, we have have made a couple changes on that side of the board. First, we condensed “true” defensive linemen (4-3 defensive ends, 3-4 defensive ends, and defensive tackles) together. Then we grouped smaller defensive ends and bigger outside linebackers together in the EDGE category, and combined all off-ball linebackers (inside and outside) together.
We understand that a board with the horizontal element this one has will be difficult to read on many mobile devices. We apologize for that, but have no real way to condense it. Without further ado, here’s the big board!
- If you are having trouble viewing the big board here, user “The FlyingHellfish” went ahead a created an open spreadsheet doc, which you can view using THIS LINK
- The Top-10 quarterbacks are listed in alphabetical order.
- Bradley Chubb is listed as both a defensive lineman and an EDGE because we feel he has the ability to play in any system, as both a true 4-3 DE and a stand-up pass rusher.
- We only included the fringe or grey area between the first and second rounds for simplicity’s sake. These are players who could (or should) go in either the end of the first or top of the second based on things like medical evaluations or team and scheme fit. In reality, this blurring happens between all rounds.
- This is a true consensus big board. We consulted each other on all the rankings, though perhaps unsurprisingly, there were few we really differed on.