The Miami Dolphins have completed their roster cuts for the 2017 season, reducing the roster from the 88 players they had on Thursday night to the 53-man roster limit mandated by the NFL for the regular season. Following the 4pm ET deadline today, the team announced the moves, making them official along with the paperwork being filed to the league offices.
Some of the cuts had already been known, like punter Matt Darr who was told of his release on Friday. Some of them were not leaked prior to the team’s announcement. Here are all of the releases, as the team listed them:
- Winston Chapman, long snapper
- Matt Darr, punter
- Brandon Doughty, quarterback
- Thomas Duarte, tight end
- Isame Faciane, guard
- Trey Griffey, wide receiver
- A.J. Hendy, safety
- Sean Hickey, tackle
- Larry Hope, cornerback
- Storm Johnson, running back
- Deon Lacey, linebacker
- Rashad Lawrence, wide receiver
- Malcolm Lewis, wide receiver
- Jordan Lucas, cornerback
- Cameron Malveaux, defensive end
- Praise Martin-Oguike, defensive end
- Mitch Mathews, wide receiver
- Drew Morgan, wide receiver
- Lawrence Okoye, defensive tackle
- Chris Pantale, tight end
- Lafayette Pitts, cornerback
- Joby Saint Fleur, defensive end
- De’Veon Smith, running back
- Damore’ea Stringfellow, wide receiver
- Junior Sylvestre, linebacker
- Julius Warmsley, defensive end
- Avery Young, tackle
The team also announced they had waived/injured linebackers Neville Hewitt and Brandon Watts. Defensive end Nick Williams and tackle Sam Young were both released, their accrued years in the league meaning they do not have to go through the waiver process and can sign with another team immediately.
Miami also made roster space by placing cornerback Tony Lippett (Achilles) and linebacker Raekwon McMillan (ACL) on injured reserve. Wide Receiver Rashawn Scott was transitioned over to the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
There will be more moves over the next couple of days, as the Dolphins claim players off waivers, move players like Ted Larsen to injured reserve (allowing him to then be re-activated later in the year), and build their practice squad tomorrow.