Are the Eagles giving us any clues?
While we don’t know exactly who the Philadelphia Eagles will pick in this year’s 2018 NFL Draft, we might be able to figure it out based on some clues.
Below is a list of every prospect from this year’s draft that the Eagles are known to have shown interest in. The pre-draft buildup period often contains various reports of team interest in certain prospects. (If you think I’m missing information, let me know in the comments and include your source.)
Keep in mind that misinformation is a large part of the draft process. Teams will purposely not show interest in players they like because they don’t want to tip their hand. At the same time, just because the Eagles are showing a lot of interest in a player doesn’t mean it’s just a smokescreen. It’s all a guessing game. But here’s what we do know. Scroll down for chart legend.
Players who have drawn the most interest:
S Justin Reid (4)
TE Durham Smythe (4)
LB Leighton Vander Esch (4)
RB Derrius Guice (3)
RB Ronald Jones (3)
RB Nyheim Hines (3)
C James Daniels (3)
OT Chukwuma Okorafor (3)
OG Jamil Demby (3)
QB Kyle Lauletta (3)
TE David Wells (3)
Interest by position:
Visits: The Eagles are allowed 30 pre-draft visits. These are the players who have come in to the team’s facility for an official visit. Visits are often used for medical testing and interview time. Former Eagles GM Howie Roseman once admitted they’re sometimes used to trick the media/fans. No workouts are involved.
Senior Bowl (SB) and Shrine Game (SG): These are the players the Eagles talked to at the most prominent college All-Star games.
Pro Day: Pro day interest is a little hard to gauge because it’s hard to know who exactly the coaches are there to see. I did my best to account for noteworthy players.
Other: Interest that doesn’t fit into one of the aforementioned categories. More specific details below.
- Justin Reid - The Eagles are “very interested.”
- James Daniels - The Eagles are “showing a lot of interest.”
- Ronald Jones - Eagles are one of the seven most interested teams.
- Kemoko Murray - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Nyheim Hines - The Eagles have “serious interest.”
- Chase Edmonds - The Eagles are one of several teams to “reach out to him.”
- Jamil Demby - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Hayden Hurst - Eagles are “interested” in him.
- Rasheem Green - Played for Eagles DL coach Chris Wilson in 2015.
- Will Hernandez - Eagles would reportedly consider trading up for him.
- Malik Reaves - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Matt Gono - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Joe Ostman - Said the Eagles are showing interest in him.
- Quadree Henderson - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Nate Wozniak - Said he’s drawing interest from the Eagles.
- Ryan Anderson - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Ray Lawry - Took part in Eagles local pro day.
- Jaylyin Minor - Interviewed by Eagles scout at Tropical Bowl.
- Isaiah Oliver - Either worked out for or visited with the Eagles.
- Devron Davis - Met with Eagles at Gridiron Showcase.
- Brandon Bryant - Met with Eagles at Tropical Bowl.
- Derrius Guice - Duce Staley is a “big supporter” of him.
- Leighton Vander Esch - Eagles “would love” to pick him.
PRO DAY COLUMN KEY:
PT = Press Taylor (QB coach)
CW = Chris Wilson (DL coach)
DS = Duce Staley (RB coach)
GB = Gunter Brewer (WR coach)
JS = Jeff Stoutland (OL coach)
EC = Eugene Chung (Assistant OL coach)
TP = T.J. Paganetti (Assistant OL coach)
JP = Justin Peelle (TE coach)
KF = Ken Flajole (LB coach)
PD = Phillip Daniels (Assistant DL coach)
Schwartz = Jim Schwartz (Defensive coordinator)
In addition to tracking a lot of this information myself, I wanted to give a shoutout to the following resources I use to cross reference my information.
http://www.igglesblitz.com (Tommy Lawlor)
http://draftanalyst.com/ (Tony Pauline)
Twitter user @igglesnut
This post first appeared on Bleeding Green Nation, A Philadelphia Eagles Commu, please read the originial post: here