Good morning, err’body. Lots of stuff going on despite the fact that Georgia is “idle” this week. Recruitin’ is going real well, Justin Fields was showcased last night on national television - although he left with a finger injury. As RedCrake pointed out the other day, prepare thyself for yardwork and stock up on the Icy Hot. We’re gonna need it.
- In case you missed the news, Adam Anderson re-commits to Georgia. This kid is an elite edge rusher. Georgia is stockpiling talent, and you know what they say about defense winning championships and all. I’m about as excited for this commit as any that we have thus far.
- I watched the first half of Harrison vs. Dalton last night and saw all I needed to see. Unfortunately, Justin Fields broke his index finger on his throwing hand and could miss the balance of his senior season. Harrison held on to a 28-26 victory.
- The last play of the first half showed me all I needed to see regarding Fields. Wowzers...
Holy Sh#%\|^##+ pic.twitter.com/lJeVQwKudR— Rusty Mansell (@Mansell247) October 20, 2017
- After Anderson’s commitment, Georgia now jumps into the 6th spot (from 12th) in the 247Sports composite team ranking. Georgia is recruiting at an elite level and is not done.
#UGA lands 16th commitment, 11 of which are 4 or 5-star prospects. Bulldogs' 3.81 star average 5th-best in nation. https://t.co/Oc77Aathnq— Patrick Garbin (@patrickgarbin) October 20, 2017
- More playoff projections. That’s all fine and dandy, but beat Florida. Like.A.Mule.
- Who leads the SEC in completions of 15+ yards or more? This guy...
- What motivates Davin Bellamy? The Red and Black has a nice piece on one of our best defenders.
- “I wouldn’t want to be friends with someone who didn’t eat at the Waffle House.” This is a great piece on our collectively favorite 1-Star restaurant.
- Todd Gurley isn’t just a great football player. He’s a great person and made this little boy very happy.
- The cocktail party is next Saturday. Here’s a little blast-from-the-past to get you revved up a bit early. This is the 2nd most famous end-around for a touchdown in Georgia-Florida history from the 1978 “Wonderdogs” season. I hope we run it again. It’s overdue. (Man, I love those red pants).
MUNSON's Cocktail Party Clip of the Day #UGAvsUF— Patrick Garbin (@patrickgarbin) October 19, 2017
2 years before Belue-to-Scott, Arnold-to-Scott help beat UF in '78:https://t.co/9SBKojnmme
Enjoy your Friday and the weekend, everyone. And if you are like me and have been directed to begin the honey-do list, try and stay off the ladder. They’re evil devices, those things.