All I need is a pair of wheels...
As I previously mentioned in this week’s TV schedule, I’ve been sort of dreading this weekend. All of the responsibilities I’ve shirked in the name of college football are about to smack me right in the face when those 3 awful letters, B-Y-E, show up next to Georgia’s name. If I’m being honest, it has renewed a long-dormant sense of angst about adulthood and what comes with it... not unlike that confronted by the characters in the greatest of all the Brat Pack films, St. Elmo’s Fire.
Like many of my unpopular (yet correct) opinions, this declaration may make you want to scream. But consider this: St. Elmo’s Fire is the UGA of Brat Pack movies.
Now stay with me here. The film’s themes remain more relevant than any Brat Pack movie not called The Breakfast Club (Alabama), it has an amazing theme song with a killer horn section (yup!), it exemplifies the glory of the 80’s (saxophonist), and it has a guy named Kirby that we’re all rooting for. I hereby accept your apology regarding your initial disbelief.
And if this incoherent rambling has you frustrated, just wait until I get into why She’s Having a Baby is far and away the best thing John Hughes ever made*.
Huh? Not interested in my entirely accurate takes on 80’s coming-of-age cinema?
Alright then, I guess I have no choice but to move on to your Thursday Morning Dawg Bites...
- Let’s start this off with a bang. You can wring your hands all you want, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna disagree with Herschel Walker.
- This makes me happy. Just look at the joy on his face at the end:
Face full of shoulder pad.#ATD pic.twitter.com/G2t4MZ4OaH— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) October 19, 2017
- Oh, look. Kirk Herbstreit is already starting to lobby for what the playoff teams “should” be. You know, like that one time he said teams “should” be conference champions. Except for when it was two Big 10 schools and he just sort of didn’t think that anymore.
- It’s good to know that a man who hasn’t managed to consistently put a QB in position to be successful for the last three years can at least appreciate those who are currently doing so. #ihateflorida
- Bulldawg Illustrated has a short, but intriguing profile of Juwan Taylor you might want to check out.
- I’m not crazy about #1 and #9, but 8 out of 10 ain’t bad.
- Seems to me Lil’ Nicky is just happy he doesn’t have to field questions about his coaching tree for awhile.
- Finally, Zeus gonna Zeus:
When you’ve tried everything else to stop @zeus1_34 throw his shoe into the stands. Zeus tried to play without one. The ref said uh...no. pic.twitter.com/wfWCgc7WFp— Scott Cole (@scottcole_lbg) October 17, 2017
What can I say? It’s a bye week and the news is slow. So that’s all for now, folks. Until later...
(*Honestly, Alec Baldwin’s absurd chest hair is enough to carry the film all on it’s own.)