NOTE: We never got the 5/30 one on our feed because of staff shortfalls. Part 1 is here. Part 2. Part 3.
- Martelli upon further review: Unlucky to be as bad as they were. Never recruited a top 100 guy. He is the history of St. Joe's on Kenpom.
- Craig: he's candid, fills a need. Ed: remember him taking Stanford down to the wire.
- Sam: Coaches argue sometimes, shares an Illinois story when assistant and Beilein went back and forth on man/zone.
- Brian: He's never seen a Teske at St. Joe's.
- NCAA three-point line: effect? Smaller corner than the NBA?
- Got recruiting zones down: Philly/East Coast, Chicago, Detroit, W-Mich/Ohio
- Not a "We offer you after you get to campus" team anymore.
- Oliver Martin: Sam takes us through all of the events: heard he wasn't on campus, then he made it, Gattis left SMSB early to meet with him, Oliver at next workout, with the crew, he's our brother. Next day: transferring.
- Sam practically begging for that hack who pretends to have access to step up again.
- The nature of SOURCES
- Doesn't make a lot of sense unless he's miserable/thinks he can get a waiver to play right away in Iowa
- Clearing up baseball ticket "allotments"—this is a UCLA home game.
- Baseball is the game of summer.
You can catch the entire episode on Michigan Insider's podcast stream on Podbean.
Segment two is here. Segment three is here.
THE USUAL LINKS
- Helpful iTunes subscribe link
- General podcast feed link
- Direct download link (right-click/save as)
- What's with the theme music?
I like Juwan Howard; I don't like the beach.