LOS ANGELES – As the first step towards strengthening and fortifying the player development process through real-world baseball instruction combined with digital baseball technology, the Los Angeles Dodgers Training Academy (DTA) powered by E|L1 kicked off the initial Virtual Training Camp and Clinic earlier this fall to rousing success.
The camp combined DTA’s world class instructors with Diamond Kinetics’ (DK) SwingTracker Bat Sensor to help youth players improve their swings and metrics through a custom in-app program, co-created with DTA and DK, delivered in a distance learning or remote training environment.
Players ‘Camped-At-Home’ during the week and attended live Zoom calls with instructors from DTA and technology experts from DK on the weekends. Over the 4 weeks of camp, players experienced 37 unique sessions, that included drills, games, and leaderboards.
At the conclusion of the camp, nearly 100% of the players experienced improvement with one or more DK SwingTracker metrics.
Some group highlights include:
• 81% of participants increased Swing Efficiency
• 73% experienced significant increases in their Barrel Speed
Some individual highlights include:
• A 9.5 mph Barrel Speed increase for one participant
• A 2 inch gain toward the ideal range for Distance In The Zone among top performers
“When you look at the progressional swing improvements and the level of excitement & enthusiasm amongst our participants in a distance learning and remote training environment, it proves just how valuable and effective virtual sports instruction can be,” said E|L1 CEO Griff Long. “Our team of world-class instructors is excited to continue using technology as a means to bridge the gap of digital and real-life baseball – thus helping empower today’s youth through omnichannel learning experiences.”
- Check out the above video snippet from the initial DTA + DK Virtual Training Camp!
- For more information on the Los Angeles Dodgers Training Academy, visit their website here or contact [email protected]
- Get the SwingTracker Bat Sensor here