Paul Scholes says he doesn’t believe losing Paul Pogba would come as a big blow to Manchester United.
The France international’s future continues to be the source of relentless debate at Old Trafford despite Pogba remaining at the 20-time English champions beyond the summer transfer window.
The World Cup winner sparked transfer speculation when he revealed that the former Juventus midfielder was ready for a new challenge away from Manchester United in the summer.
However, Pogba remained at the Old Trafford outfit despite apparent interest from his former club Juventus and La Liga giants Real Madrid in his services.
The 26-year-old hasn’t set the Premier League alight with his performances so far this season, missing a penalty in a 1-1 draw with winless Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Former Manchester United midfielder Scholes admitted that he believes there are other players at the club capable of performing at the same level as Pogba if required.
“I think it’s quite clear he wants to leave the club,” Scholes told talkSPORT.
“He wanted to move to Real Madrid [in the summer] and for whatever reason it didn’t happen.
“If they ask him to stay for a year then we’ll see what happens. But I don’t think it will be a big loss to United [if he does go].
“At the end of the day his form hasn’t been great anyway over the last three or three years he’s been there.
“I’m sure there’s more players there who can step in and do just as good a job.”
Manchester United haven’t won the Premier League title since Pogba returned to the Red Devils in an £89m deal from Serie A giants Juventus in the 2016 summer transfer window.
Solskjaer’s side played out a narrow 1-0 victory over Leicester City in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.
The Red Devils will make the trip to West Ham on Sunday.
MORE: Latest Manchester United news and views
MORE: Football transfer rumours and gossip
The post Paul Scholes gives blunt verdict on Paul Pogba’s future at Man United appeared first on The Sport Review.