When the Canucks got back to .500 hockey and #HotDogHorvat was all the rage...
Well that was some game, right? I haven’t watched it yet, but I’m looking forward to doing so. A rare Canucks shutout win - that takes some beating.
Goals for Baer and Bo, a nice penalty shot for Sutter, Reid Boucher joining from waivers...this team is on the up!
So let’s take a look at what people are saying around the league:
- Harrison Mooney has all the #HotDogHorvat news you will ever need. [Province]
- When do we call the Sedins + A.N.Other "Line 2"?
#Canucks scoring on 5W streak since Xmas pic.twitter.com/R0QfiMA65t— Jeff Paterson (@patersonjeff) January 5, 2017
- This might have something to do with it:
With Bo & Sven rolling, the Canucks would be more entertaining if Willie would stop tying a boat anchor to the Sedins— Satiar Shah (@SatiarShah) January 5, 2017
- I shall leave this one hanging:
Benning ever gonna get any credit for the Baertschi and Granlund trades, the Stecher signing and the Tryamkin draft or nah? @botchford— Patrick® (@DudeAb1ded) January 5, 2017
- Game Summary from our SB Nation cousins at Five For Howling. You have to feel sorry for them - Ekman-Larsson is going to be 35 before they’re playoff ready. [Five For Howling]
- Give the man a letter, right now:
[email protected] is all about #HotdogHorvat – and how well the team's playing. pic.twitter.com/mXoVt2ZkRo— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) January 5, 2017
- He continues to move up the scoring charts - after his assist last night, only four players in NHL history now have more assists than Jaromir Jagr. [The Score]
- Another NHL legend passed away this week - Milt Schmidt, a Bruins legend who won two Cups as a player and two more as a GM. NM’s thoughts are with his loved ones. [NHL]
- Turns out the kid is not so nice after all:
Here's the Ehlers hit on Griffith, who left the game with a concussion: pic.twitter.com/XVBsLsO3ZL— Cats On The Prowl (@Cats0ntheprowl) January 5, 2017
Tom Rowe confirms Seth Griffith suffered a concussion, called hit by Ehlers "a dirty hit"— Cats On The Prowl (@Cats0ntheprowl) January 5, 2017
- In looking at Cats On The Prowl, I noticed this story from New Years’ Day about the McCann-Gudbranson trade. Some very interesting points in here, take a look. [Cats On The Prowl]
- No-one has made a serious offer for Martin Hanzal. Anyone here surprised? The only team he’d fit on is the Bruins, where meatheads go to escape disciplinary proceedings. [AZ Central]
- Here’s your daily blowing-smoke-up-Auston-Matthews’-backside piece. [NHL]
Question of the day: Which Canucks player would you name your new puppy after?
This post first appeared on Vancouver Canucks Schedule, Roster, News, And Rumo, please read the originial post: here