Have you ever wanted to ride a Bike both on and off the road but don’t want to own two bikes? There is a bike which combines both speed and off-road ability called a Hybrid. The hybrid combines the fast nature of a road bike with the ruggedness of a mountain bike and has many features of both.
Hybrids can vary from different manufacturers; some will offer more speed but less off-road capability. Others will offer superior strength but will feel slower. It is important to choose a bike which will suit your particular needs.
What is a hybrid bike?
Well, a hybrid bike is a type of bike that has features from two different bicycle styles mixed, road and mountain bike forming a hybrid. There is numerous type of hybrid bicycle brands are available in the market.
However, we have selected the 6 best hybrid bikes for women in 2018, which are awesome for riding between mountain or road bikes.
In this hybrid bicycle reviews, these women’s hybrid bicycles have cruiser-style frames with fenders and sweep back handlebars, a large comfortable seat, multiple gear selections, and high-performance friction brakes.
Many of these hybrids also have racks to carry your gear and lighting for commuting at night.
Therefore, how do you choose which one is the right hybrid bicycles for women are very crucial? But we will make it easy by the following sections:
Best Hybrid Bikes for Women - Comparison Table
Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike
Sixthreezero EVRY journey
Schwinn Women's Wayfarer
Diamondback Vital 2
Vilano Diverse 2.0
Best Women's Hybrid Bike Reviews 2018
2. Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s 26-Inch Touring Hybrid Bicycle
The beach cruiser style of this bike with its cream-colored frame makes it a beautiful bike which will turn heads. The comfortable faux leather saddle and grips make it look like a real classic.
The whitewall tires give it a retro look from one of the renowned hybrid bicycle brands for women cyclists.
So, the white wall tires complement this look nicely. This model includes fenders and a rack in the price. The Sixthreezero also has a lot of chrome which catches the eye.
The combination of beach cruiser and commuter is great looking but is it right for you? Let’s focus on the features.
Key Features of Sixthreezero Evryjourney Women's:
- Aluminum frame with chrome components
- Combo of urban commuter and beach cruiser
- Includes matching fenders and rear pannier rack
- 26” wheels with 2” wide tires
- V-brakes front and rear
- Front and rear brakes for maximum stopping power
- One size fits all geometry- 5ft-6ft 4’’
- Beautiful retro styling
- Fat tires make the bike comfortable
- Powerful modern brakes.
- Easy to get on and off, low stand over height
- Easily upgradeable
- Included extras
- 7 speeds only
- Heavy and slow
- Not made for longer or hilly rides
- No lights
- Stands out if locked up
- Available in just a single size
1. Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike Review
Here is the wonderful Schwinn brand bike on this test is the Discover. Schwinn Discovery Bicycle has a lightweight aluminum frame, suspension forks, and a suspension seat-post.
A sprung saddle is also included for the ultimate in comfort cycling. This hybrid bike is a perfect blend of city commuter, road bike, comfort bike and beach cruiser.
The bike comes with a rear rack and color matched fenders included in the price. The bike has an adjustable stem to allow the handlebar to be raised or lowered to suit the rider. This model can tackle any terrain with ease. Schwinn women's hybrid bikes also offer a lifetime warranty for the original owner.
Furthermore, the rear rack is adjusting for carrying bag or groceries back in the cycle for great cycling experience.
Key Features of Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike (700c wheels)
- Schwinn Discove made with lightweight aluminum city frame
- Schwinn suspension fork for maximum bike response
- Padded saddle for women’s physical anatomy
- For fast and easy gear has 21 speed SRAM grip shifters
- Adjustable stem for a variable position
- ProMax linear pull brakes for stopping
- Comfort ergonomic handlebar grips
Video Credit: Ryu Ken
- Semi-assembled from the box with optional assembly costs
- Full manual and assembly instructions included
- Every part is high quality for the price
- Comfortable and 21 speed SRAM grip shifters
- Comes with almost everything you need
- Good for taller riders above 5ft 6”
- Too big for the average height female rider
- The fenders are plastic, not metal.
- Professional assembly will cost $59 extra
- The white will get very dirty if you use it in all weather
Fortunately, Michelle (one of our writer) share her thoughts on this bike and you can the full article from here if interested.
3. Schwinn Wayfarer 700c Women’s Hybrid Bike
The Schwinn Wayfarer has a steel frame and rear rack which gives it a more slender look than the other bikes on test.Steel can be a little heavier than Aluminum but offers much more comfort and ride feel.
This model comes in four different color choices, though the blue-mint and black version were our favorite. It looks like the black dress for your bike.
The Schwinn Wayfarer features a sprung saddle which lessens road impact giving a super smooth ride. Great for commuting, visiting a farmers’ market or making coffee with the girls. Complemented by the matching rack and fenders, this is a great looking bike.
Key Features of Schwinn Wayfarer 700c Women's Bike:
- Comfortable steel frame with classy looks
- Large 28-inch wheels with slick tires
- Tires of the Schwinn Wayfarer have better thickness for cool ride
- 7 speed Shimano gears with rapid rise technology for easy shifting
- Easy up shifting the gear
- Wayfarer Hybrid Bicycle is a perfect mix of road and off-road usability
- Available in 2 sizes and 4 colors
- Rigid forks to save weight
- Comfortable seat
- Kickstand included for easy parking
- Steel kickstand to park it anywhere
- Color combination is great with an affordable price
- Lights, mudguards, lock, rack and kickstand included
- Size and color choices
- Modern braking system for front and rear
- One of the cheap hybrid bike
- Uplifting the gear is easy, you can love to up it
- Steel frames can rust if paint becomes clipped
- No assembly instructions included
- Shifting the gears in downwards is tough
- 7 speed only
4. Gama Bikes Women’s Metropole Step-Thru Hybrid Bike
The Gamma bikes Metropole comes in 4 color choices, Jade green, light blue, metallic cheery red and the pictured Cyan. All three have nice quality faux leather saddles and color-matched accessories.
This bike has slick tire fitted as standard which measures 35mm wide. The design of this bike suggests that its main purpose is as a town bike for average speed with some varied terrain.
Capable of handling some off the road and some hills but those with a tough commute should look elsewhere.
Key Features of Gama Women's City Bike:
- Lightweight aluminum alloy frame
- Classic SS pins in Vinyl cover
- 8-Speed Shimano Altus gears
- Slick but standard 700c tires on alloy wheels
- Available in 4 colors
- Fenders, rack, and kickstand included
- This Gama Metropole is good for athlete riding in quick paddle
- Light paddling for city commuting
- Comfortable Large saddle with suspension seat post
- Powerful front and rear linear pull brakes
- Perfect hybrid of Commuter, Road and Cruiser bike
- Full fenders and rear storage rack are included
- The Shimano Altus shifters and 8 speeds are fantastic
- Front suspension and suspension seat post for a smoother ride
- Includes fenders and rear rack
- Quicker than standard 700c, wheel
- Fast paddling will give athlete riding while light paddling for smooth city riding
- Uplifting is easy due to lightweight
- Color choices
- Value due to included accessories
- Bike on test for all-out commuting
- Gears are great quality and use grip shift levers
- Limited time warranty
- Awkward kickstand
- Slick tires may not be to everyone’s taste
- Only available in 19’’ frame for larger riders
5. Diamondback Women’s Vital 2 Hybrid Bike Review
At first glance, this light purple beauty Vital 2 Diamondback looks like a sports hybrid bicycle.
When you look closer to diamondback vital 2 reviews, you will notice the features that make this the best bike for women. It is the great mix of road, mountain and comfort bike.
This is a hybrid with more features from the mountain bike spectrum than from the road.
This diamondback women’s hybrid bike is an aluminum-made lightweight women’s bike and the up hilling is very easy. Moreover, the aluminum frame is very sturdy and built for a tougher life. It has the smooth shifting of gear all directions.
Better suspension and the extra-padded seat is there for your comfort. This is the first bike on test with a suspension fork and seat-post for maximum traction and comfort. The Diamondback Vital 2 also includes a front gear which means the total gear number jumps up to 21.
This shows that the Diamondback bike is meant for hills and rough terrain. It has great features, that’s why I recommended it. Here is what you get with the Diamondback Women’s Vital 2 hybrid bike:
Key Features of Diamondback Women's Vital 2:
- Vital 2 Complete Hybrid Bike has 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy frame
- Large 700c wheels for good speed
- High-quality gear set for smooth shifting
- This Diamondback Bicycle has Tektro branded V-brakes which work very well
- Diamondback deluxe saddle with gel and a suspension seat-post
- 21-speed drivetrain with Shimano derailleur
- Small 15” or Medium 17” sizes available
- Versatile go anywhere bike
- Suspension fork and seat-post for comfort
- 21-speeds to suit your needs
- Lightest hybrid bike
- High-quality frame should last forever
- Best budget hybrid bike for ladies
- High-quality frame will last a lifetime
- Comes with no accessories
- For commuting, you may not need the suspension
- Heavier than a bike for the road
- No large size
6. Vilano Diverse 2.0 Review
Vilano Diverse 2.0 Performance bicycle got a gorgeous sports looks. It comes in black, and everything is black.
This would suit someone who locks their bike in public every day as it will be invisible next to more vibrant bikes.
The design is more sporty than the other models on our test, and this bike will put you in a more sports position, this means that you can go faster, but comfort is sacrificed.
This bike is the only bike on test with disk brakes. The Vilano Diverse is the cheapest bike on test. The saddle is black leather and matches the black grips. Actually, this Diverse 2.0 is an all-black combo of commuter and mountain bike.
This is the most affordable hybrid bike out of this group, so let us see what you get for your money:
Key Features of Vilano Diverse 2.0 Review:
- Diverse 2.0 has aluminum 6061 lightweight frames and fork
- Disc brake for superior stopping power
- Shimano 24 speed gears
- Vilano Performance comes out with 24 available speeds
- Quality branded Kenda tires
- This bike is an all-black combo of commuter and mountain bike
- Handle in the up position
- Stealth color scheme
- Semi-slick tires for on and (light) off road
- Only 2 sizes 53cm and 57cm
- Affordable hybrid bike
- 24 speeds with Shimano shifters
- Simple, rugged construction for durability
- Many features of more expensive hybrid bikes
- Quality aluminum frame
- Great quality Kenda tires for price
- Fastest bike on test
- No option for professional assembly, which will cost extra time and money
- Limited warranty
- No accessories at all
- Difficult to mount for beginners with high standover
- Less comfortable than others
How to Choose The Specialised Women's Hybrid Bike?
Choosing a new women's Hybrid bike is a very personal decision. Try to visualize when and where you will be using your new hybrid bike most often.
If you are planning to commute to work, what time of day will you be riding? If you commute during early morning or evenings, you probably want the women’s hybrid bikes that have lighting installed.
Next, Think about where you live and work, is the terrain you will ride on hilly or rocky? A Hybrid bike with more gears or suspension would be a good choice. If your route is primarily level and even, fewer gears will work just fine.
Make a list of these before you begin shopping to help you make decisions. Beware that the perfect bike may not have everything on your list but most parts can be added later for a small cost.
There are four main things to consider when shopping for the best ladies’ hybrid bikes for you. These are the frame, the gearing, the price, and the included extras. Let’s look at each of these to get an idea of what is on offer.
The heart and soul of any bicycle is the frame. The quality of the ride is dependent on the material, design, size and even angles of the tubes. Most bikes in this category will be made from an aluminum ally which is both light and strong.
There are differences between two aluminum frames as all frames are made equal. Some frames even have suspension on them for a smoother ride.
Online women's hybrid bike reviews can be helpful in deciding the size of the beginner hybrid bike. The small or tall shopper should take care when choosing.
The Gearing and Brakes:
Gears are another language; this can be confusing when deciding on your new women’s hybrid bicycle. You will find the hybrid bikes with anywhere from one to twenty-seven speeds.
Focus on your intended use and most ridden terrain. Fewer gears is not a problem if you use the bike for its intended terrain. More gears will give you the option to tackle a larger range of terrain, this means you can either go faster downhill or pedal up a large hill in an easy gear.
Keep in mind that more speeds can mean more money. Brakes are very important also, the faster you intend to go the more likely you will need good brakes. Disk brakes are virtually maintenance free but cost more to purchase. V-brakes work well but regular maintenance is needed to stop them losing their effectiveness.
Going back to your list of most important features, it is cheaper to choose a bike which already has everything you need fitted. Did you intend to ride at night and need lights? Or a pannier rack to carry your work clothes?
How about fenders so you don’t get wet when it’s winter? If you have a larger budget, don’t avoid a near perfect bike because it doesn’t have lights or a fender as these can always be fitted afterward for an extra cost.
Generally, if a bike seems to have lots of included extras then the trade-off will be in a cheaper frame which will impact the ride quality.
Price in hybrid bikes reviews is one-way or other influences most of our buying decisions. The guideline here is to set a budget in your head before looking for a bike. Then once you see what is available for that price, consider if this comes with everything you wanted.
If your budget allows then set a new level which will get you the gearing, extras, and frame that you ideally need. There is nothing worse than buyer’s remorse from either wishing you had spent less or more.
This group of 6 of the best hybrid bikes for women has something for everyone. But which is our Bike of choice? As we said at the start the bike for you will depend on your particular list of needs, but for us, the winner has to be the SixthreeZero Evryjourney Women's 26-inch 7-speed Complete Hybrid Bike. I like the fact that this hybrid has 21 speeds to choose.
The Diamondback Vital 2 has a good selection of 21 gears, it comes equipped with a suspension fork and a suspension seat-post as standard. For longer rides, this added comfort will be a real benefit.
The mid-range price means you will have spare money to spend on accessories as per your list. The Diamondback Vital 2 also comes in a choice of sizes which should allow you to get the perfect fit.
As a close runner-up, for the pure class as a road only bike, the Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike is an excellent choice. As one of the cheapest bikes on test, it is difficult to fault. Hindered by having only 7 speeds it’s beautiful looks make up for its lack of ability, if you intend to ride on the roads only and do not have to tackle large hills then look no further.
Schwinn discover Women’s hybrid bicycle reviews got many positive recommendations from the customers of Amazon. You can also go for it.
These good hybrid bikes have great value for the money. Therefore, make the right decision quickly to be a winner fast.
All of the bikes tested are excellent for the right person. So make your list of needs and then make your decision quickly and decisively. See you on the open road.
The post 6 Best Hybrid Bikes for Women To Buy In 2018 appeared first on Sportsly.