Have you ever met someone in your dojo who just doesn’t get it!?
The student (and sometimes teacher) who will do martial arts for every reason under the sun, except for the reason they should!
The reason that will give them the best results. . .
The reason that will give them the greatest satisfaction. . .
So here are some of the ignorant, the creepy and at times downright stupid “reasons” to Train I’ve seen over the years from students and teacher alike, and the simple answer I have for all of them.
1) When your Mom drops you off and you don’t want to be there. . .
2) When you’re trying to escape your personal problems. . .
3) When you want a way to flirt with the girls in the Dojo behind your wife’s back. . .
That’s creepy! Stop it! JUST TRAIN!
4) When you want to believe training will make you a Jedi. . .
Do or Do not. . . JUST TRAIN!
5) When you fake an injury just to get attention. . .
6) When you have a crush on the Sensei. . .
Ugh. . .Grow up! JUST TRAIN!
7) When you want to be the next Karate Kid. . .
Wax on. Wax off. JUST TRAIN!
8) When you’re looking for a father figure. . .
Get therapy! JUST TRAIN!
Well, maybe not therapy from him. . .
9) When you want your next belt. . .
10) When you want to be a respected martial artist. . .
That seems legitimate. . .JUST TRAIN!
“JUST TRAIN!” It’s Chuck Norris APPROVED!
When you enter the dojo, there’s only one reason and one reason only to be in that room.
So, Shut up!