Garnett, who was among nine players selected Saturday for the Hall of Fame, spent 14 of his 21 seasons playing for the Timberwolves.
He also had talks with former Timberwolves President Flip Saunders about eventually becoming a minority owner in the franchise.
"I've watched Kevin grow on and off the court and will forever be grateful for his contributions to the Timberwolves organization.
To be elected in his first year of eligibility validates the impact he had on basketball in Minnesota, the NBA, and around the globe.
He was the first player drafted into the modern league straight from high school -- beginning a trend that followed with other prep stars like Kobe Bryant in 1997 and LeBron James in 2003.
Former Minnesota Timberwolves center Kevin Garnett (2nd from L) had many battles against Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant (24) during his decorated NBA tenure.
- Kevin Garnett Calls Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor 'a Snake,' Says He 'Won't Forgive' Him for Broken ...Newsweek
- Kevin Garnett 'not entertaining' idea of T-Wolves retiring his jerseyCGTN
- Basketball: Garnett on Wolves owner - 'I don't do business with snakes'straits times (press release)
- Garnett on Wolves owner: 'I don't do business with snakes'Tempo
- Kevin Garnett: blames Glen Taylor for & # 39; snake & # 39; Due to the fact that the Timberwolves jersey is not removedUp News Info (press release) (blog)
- "I'll always have a special place for the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota in my heart. But I don't do ...Sky Sports
- Hall of Fame inductee Kevin Garnett is absolutely not on good terms with Timberwolves owner Glen TaylorNew York Daily News
- Kevin Garnett dismisses talk of Wolves retiring his number, says he 'won't forgive' team ownerESPN
- Kevin Garnett calls Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor a 'snake'CBSSports.com