After the conclusion of his rookie season on the Nascar Cup Series in 2019, Berlin native Ryan Preece decided to make an investment for both professional preparation and fun.
The iRacing platform allows motorsports entities from internationally known divisions to grassroots short tracks like Stafford Motor Speedway, to offer live competition with competitors fans are familiar with in an easily viewable online format.
The Massachusetts based iRacing began in 2008 as a subscription racing simulation that allowed users to compete against other drivers virtually from all over the world on tracks that were digitally reproduced right down to certain bumps in the pavement.
The NASCAR Pro Invitational broadcasts feature regular Fox announcers Jeff Gordon and Windsor native Mike Joy calling the races.
Simulation rigs offers a setup that gives racers a real life feel with an actual racing seat, steering wheel, pedal arrangement and wrap-around viewing of their digital surroundings.
“We have discussed setting up some offseason [simulation] racing over the last few years and this delay has pushed us to get it setup,” Stafford Speedway chief operating officer Paul Arute said.
- Burton, Earnhardt, Edwards headline Hall of Fame nomineesThe Steubenville Herald-Star
- Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards Headline 2021 NASCAR Hall of Fame NomineesBleacher Report
- NASCAR announces nominees for Hall of Fame Class of 2021WLTX.com
- Edwards, Phillips on NASCAR Hall of Fame ballotMissourinet.com
- Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards among 15 nominees for NASCAR Hall of Fame 2021 classKATU
- Start Your Engines! PlaySugarHouse.com In New Jersey Is Taking Bets On Virtual NASCAR RacesEuropean Gaming Industry News (press release) (blog)
- NASCAR Hall of Fame nominees announcedWTVB News
- Edwards among NASCAR Hall of Fame nomineesFulton Sun
- Bonnett, Farmer on NASCAR Hall of Fame ballotWKRG News 5