Mohun Bagan, East Bengal to join UN-WHO campaignIndia’s two leading football clubs Mohun Bagan and East Bengal will join a global campaign by the United Nations and the World Health Organisation to encourage people to remain “active” as millions across the world stay home due to the COVID-19pandemic .
The football clubs are among several from across the world that will join the ‘#BeActive’ campaign launched on the UN International Day of Sport for Development and Peace to “encourage people to be #HealthyAtHome as the world comes together in the fight against COVID-19, today and every day.”
As part of this, #BeActive and remain #HealthyAtHome campaign encourage any other form of recreation and activities such as dancing, playing active video games, jumping rope and to stay healthy at home.
FIFA President Gianni Infantino said more than ever, one thing must be clear to everyone now is that health comes first, adding that the world football governing body is encouraged that the community is also playing an active role in ensuring the message is understood globally.
As part of the campaign, world-famous players share the following message: “At this time, even rivals need to stick together.
Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- Real Madrid joins the FIFA campaign to be active at homeSportsfinding
- COVID-19: MB, EB to join campaign encouraging people to stay activeMENAFN.COM
- Mohun Bagan, East Bengal FC part of #BeActive campaign by FIFA, UN and WHOFree Press Journal
- COVID-19: Mohun Bagan, East Bengal to join UN-WHO campaignHindustan Times
- Mohun Bagan part of BeActive campaign by FIFA, UN and WHOBig News Network (press release) (blog)
- Coronavirus: Mohun Bagan, East Bengal To Join UN, WHO's Global CampaignNDTVSports.com
- #BeActive for the UN International Day of Sport for Development and PeaceFIFA.com
- FIFA, WHO team up to promote healthy lifestylesPRESSTV
- COVID-19: FIFA, WHO launch 'BeActive' campaign for people to keep fitThe Eagle Online